The current report offers a detailed analysis of the antihypertensive drug market. The study includes a discussion of antihypertensive drugs prescribed for lowering the high blood pressure and for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). The market size includes both branded and generic drugs.
The report highlights the current and future market potential of antihypertensive drugs and provides a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, regulatory scenario, patent analysis, pipeline analysis, drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends in the market. The report also covers market projections through 2023, as well as market shares for key market players.
The report details market shares of antihypertensive drugs based on drug class and geography. Based on drug class, the market is segmented into ACE inhibitors (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors), ARBs (angiotensin II receptor blockers), beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, diuretics, combination drugs, and others (a segment that includes direct renin inhibitors, alpha blockers, PDE-5 inhibitors, stimulators of soluble guanylate cyclase, endothelin receptor antagonists, vasodilators, and prostacyclin receptors).
- Increasing Prevalence of Hypertension
- Rising Geriatric Population and Government Assistance for Prescription Drugs
- Sedentary Lifestyle: Contributing Significantly toward High Risk of Hypertension
- Improved Awareness of Hypertension: Earlier Diagnosis and Treatment
- Patent Expirations of Branded Drugs
- Drug Development Process: High Cost and Pricing Pressures
- Patent Expiration: Growth Opportunities for Generic Players
- Unmet Needs in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary & Highlights
Chapter 3 Market & Technology Background
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Drug Class
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 7 Regulatory Environment
Chapter 8 Patent Analysis
Chapter 9 Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Allergan PLC
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Astrazeneca PLC
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd.
- Eli Lilly and Co.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline PLC
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lupin Ltd.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- United Therapeutics Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqg5x9/the_worldwide?w=4