NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, PRSA-NY, the premier organization serving communications and public relations professionals in the New York metropolitan area, today announced its 2019 Board of Directors and Chapter priorities for 2019.
Beginning in January 2019, PRSA-NY will present 20 programs throughout the year including networking events and career guidance programs for young professionals and professional development with top-level industry leaders. Highlighting the year will be a series of PRSA-NY’s successful Meet the Media events, as well as programs on trending issues such as artificial intelligence and the changing media landscape.
PRSA-NY will also present its signature awards events –The Big Apple Awards, which recognize excellence in dozens of categories, and the 15 Under 35 Awards, which recognize outstanding new leaders. All events are open to members and non-members alike.
According to Leslie Gottlieb, 2019 PRSA-NY President: “PRSA-NY is committed to presenting a wide range of programs that will deliver value to PR professionals throughout the metropolitan area, while offering a variety of services to advance the profession. In addition, we will continue our important work on diversity issues and add a strong emphasis on the vital role ethical conduct plays in today’s media and communications environment. This is especially important now, as freedom of the press and factual reporting are under attack.”
The 2019 PRSA-NY Executive Committee is comprised of:
- President - Leslie Gottlieb, President, LG Strategic Communications
- Immediate Past President - Sharon Fenster, President, Fenster Communications
- President-Elect - Kellie Jelencovich, Brand Public Relations Manager, Avon
- VP, Marketing - Andrew Graham, Founding Partner, Clear
- VP, Membership - Penny Mitchell, Executive Vice President and Healthcare Practice Lead, Makovsky
- VP, Programming - Shawna Gallagher-Vega, APR, Director of Communications, Xavier High School
- Secretary - Natalia Lopez, Vice President, Finn Partners
- Treasurer - Chavonne Jones, Senior Vice President, Media Relations, Weber Shandwick
The following will represent the Chapter as Directors on the Board for 2019:
- Programming Associate Director - Kennedi Fuller, Account Executive, Affect Strategies
- Director of Finance - Traci Brodnax, Director, Global Gateway Advisors
- Programming Senior Director - Cessie Cerrato, Sr. Director, Public Relations, Palace Resorts
- Marketing Senior Director - Lisa Marzullo, Manager, Corporate Communications, Turner
- Membership Senior Director - Justin Goldstein, Account Supervisor, Finn Partners
- 15 Under 35 Senior Director - Kate Ryan, Managing Director, U.S., Diffusion PR
- Big Apple Senior Director - Troy Blackwell, Sr. Account Executive and Communications Consultant, BerlinRosen
- Marketing Associate Director - Yifan Feng, digital marketing and PR professional
- Membership Associate Director - Meredith Ulrich, Sr. Strategy Consultant, Essense Partners
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is one of the oldest, largest, and most prominent public relations Chapters in the country. Located in the media capital of the world, it offers top-level professional development, networking, mentoring, and awards. PRSA-NY serves communications professionals in agencies, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, as well as independent practitioners.