LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twenty-two innovative technology companies from Japan will be featured in the Japan Innovation Showcase at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), taking place from January 8-11, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Japan Innovation Showcase, organized by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), will be located at Eureka Park, Tech West, Sands Expo Level 1 at Booth #51075.
The following six startups will be revealed for the first time at CES Unveiled on January 6, 2019 at the Shorelines Exhibit Hall, Mandalay Bay. This event attracts over 1,500 media sources and features the Best of Innovation Award Nominees. JETRO's J-Startup Program, which mentors and provides the necessary resources for Japanese startups to succeed in the market, is helping with this effort.
- Triple W (https://www.dfreeus.biz/): Created the DFree device to enable senior citizens and disabled people to predict when to use the bathroom. Monitors, analyzes, and notifies users through mobile ultrasound technology.
- mui Lab, Inc. (https://mui.jp/#en): Develops design-focused household technology with beautiful wooden materials. Their products features intuitive technology to monitor temperature, lighting, voice-mails, and more.
- GROOVE X, Inc. (https://groove-x.com/en/): Designed the highly sophisticated LOVOT robot as a companion to people with mental needs. Their mission is to show robots can improve people's spirits with comforting love.
- ispace, inc. (https://ispace-inc.com/): Driven to develop space infrastructure by utilizing space resources. They have a highly funded R&D budget and plan to launch two missions to land on the moon by 2021.
- Life is Tech, Inc. (https://lifeistech.co.jp/en/): Combines education, IT, and entertainment to teach coding to adolescents. Partnered with successful companies including Disney and Square Enix.
- Idein Inc. (https://idein.jp/): Offers an IoT system platform to connect digital events and data to the physical world. They use advanced computational sensing and data analysis techniques for this platform.
The sixteen other Japanese startups to be showcased include:
- tsumug, inc. (https://tsumug.com/en/): Their TiNK smart lock device connects with LTE mobile to protect homes.
- Yume Cloud Inc (http://www.yume-cloud.com/): Their "GLOW" entertainment device plays music and visuals.
- 144Lab, Inc. (https://unkobtn.netlify.com/): Designed "Unkobutton" remote device that records babys' excretions.
- Bye Bye World Inc. (https://www.bigclapper.com/): Their "Big Clapper" toy interacts with people at events.
- PLANTIO, Inc. (https://plantio.co.jp/en.html): Engineered world's first AI planter system that adapts on its own.
- Shiftall, Inc. (https://shiftall.net/ja/): They can help other companies launch Internet products in 10 months.
- Teijin Frontier Sensing co., Itd.: They use motion data to track and improve people's fitness levels.
- ambie corporation (http://ambie.co.jp/soundearcuffs/): Designed headphones that allows listening without pain.
- LOAD&ROAD INC. (http://teplotea.com/): Created a teapot that enables brewing options from a mobile app.
- FutuRocket Co. (http://www.futurocket.co/): Their "Hackfon" device converts analog phones to smart phone uses.
- Genics Co., Ltd. (https://us.wantedly.com/projects/229896): Creating robot technologies to improve people's lives.
- Holistic Japan. Co., Ltd. (https://www.bonyu.me/about-us-english): Analyzes breastmilk content for mothers.
- Hachi Bana Inc (https://toletta.jp/en/): Their "Toletta" app monitors cats' health via urine volume and weight.
- DENDAMA Inc. (https://dendama.co.jp/index_en.html): Created smart Kendama with sensors and LED technology.
- KISSonix Inc. (http://kissonix.com/): Designed 3D acoustic stereo system that enables greater surround sound.
- Empath Inc. (https://webempath.com/): Created an AI that can identify various kinds of emotions from voices.
For business and media inquiries about the exhibiting companies, or to schedule a meeting with one of the Japanese exhibitors during CES 2019, contact Will Ferguson, at Will_Ferguson@jetro.go.jp. For more information about the 2019 International Consumer Electronics Show, visit www.cesweb.org.
About JETRO: JETRO is the Japanese government agency responsible for promoting trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world. JETRO provides support and assistance to American companies entering the Japanese market and to Japanese companies expanding overseas. JETRO was established in 1958 and has more than 70 offices around the world, including six offices in the USA. JETRO provides a wide range of services, including timely market intelligence, extensive business development support, and relevant business events, all designed to encourage business partnerships between American companies and Japan.