The growth of the global market is attributed to the factors such as the growing prevalence of cancer, high demand for pain therapeutics in the treatment of chronic pain, regulatory approvals and launches of innovative drug formulations, and growing approval rate of abuse-deterrent formulations of opioid drugs.
The opioid drug market is a fragmented market with numerous small and large players. Market players are investing in the development of novel therapeutics, which is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
The global opioid drug market is segmented based on the product and region.
The report includes:
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of types, mode of action and receptor target of opioids drugs i.e. Mu receptor, Delta receptor, and Kappa receptor
- Details of technological advancement for the new opioid formulation to reduce the risk of drug abuse
- A case study of opioid addiction, opioid abuse and overdose and significant events addressing opioid misuse and abuse
- Information on stringent regulatory policies and government guidelines to impede the adoption rate of the opioid drugs
- Insights of new safety measures announced for immediate release (IR) opioids and CDC guidelines on prescribing opioids for chronic pain
- Company profiles of the major players of the market, including Acura Pharmaceuticals, Cipher Pharmaceutical, Daiichi Sankyo, Johnson & Johnson, Lupin, Pfizer, Sun Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market & Technology Background
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Product
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 7 Regulatory Environment
Chapter 8 Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Allergan PLC
- Apotex Inc.
- Assertio Therapeutics Inc. (Depomed Inc.)
- Biodelivery Sciences International Inc.
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Inc.
- Egalet Corp.
- Endo International PLC
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Indivior PLC
- Insys Therapeutics Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kempharm Inc.
- Lannett Co. Inc.
- Lupin Ltd.
- Mylan NV
- Orexo AB
- Pernix Therapeutics
- Pfizer Inc.
- Purdue Pharma LP
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Sun Pharma)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hfh6ts/opioid_drugs?w=4