CHICAGO, SINGAPORE & SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Singtel today announced it has pooled the cybersecurity capabilities, technologies and resources of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS, into a single global corporate identity operating under the Trustwave brand. The strategic measure forms one of the industry’s most comprehensive global cybersecurity companies offering a complete range of managed security services, consulting, education and leading-edge technologies to help organizations worldwide contend with rapidly evolving external and internal threats.
Through the integration, the new Trustwave can harness the synergies and strengths of Singtel’s global cybersecurity business, revenue, capabilities and teams across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Trustwave’s global cyber business now has about 2,000 security employees, a global network of ten connected Advanced Security Operations Centers (ASOCs) supported by its elite Trustwave SpiderLabs security team, millions of businesses enrolled in its cloud-based security platform, more than 10,000 managed security services customers, and nearly 1,000 channel partners and numerous technology partners worldwide. The Trustwave portfolio includes many services and technologies recognized as industry-leading by analysts.
“Uniting the security assets and deep expertise of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS under one brand and single vision – what we call the new Trustwave -- is a pivotal milestone for our customers, partners, employees and company,” said Arthur Wong, Chief Executive Officer at Trustwave. “Trustwave is well-positioned to further its role as a recognized leader in cybersecurity and managed security services, areas vital for effective security programs as enterprises accelerate their digital transformation. Customers benefit by having a trusted security partner with true global reach and intelligence, offering around-the-clock monitoring, detection and eradication of threats in addition to deep regional security expertise necessary for successfully addressing global threats and localized attack campaigns.”
As part of the integration, Trustwave has re-designed its logo, giving it a bold modern look with new brand identity and color scheme, and launched a new corporate website at www.trustwave.com. The website serves as the digital hub showcasing all Trustwave offerings, including those from Singtel, Optus and NCS.
Benefits of the integration include:
- Broader security services portfolio --The new Trustwave portfolio includes managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education. The integration provides Trustwave with additional managed security services, third-party technology solutions and cybersecurity education and training services like the Cyber Security Institute in Singapore.
- Increased focus on industry-leading technologies --Trustwave will continue to offer both its own technologies and those from third parties. Trustwave has added and will continue to add more industry-leading third-party technologies that are integrated or wrapped with its managed security and consulting services to offer even more compelling solutions that solve cybersecurity problems and challenges.
- More cybersecurity resources and talent --Through the integration of Singtel’s global cybersecurity assets under Trustwave, the company has added more resources, employees and services to help customers protect their data and reduce risk. At a time when there is a world-wide security skills shortage, the company has about 2,000 security professionals worldwide delivering, selling, marketing and supporting Trustwave cybersecurity solutions and managed security services. The added personnel complements ten interlinked Advanced Security Operations Centers responsible for delivering continuous threat monitoring, detection and threat elimination along with threat intelligence to ensure organizations are continuously protected regardless of location.
- Advanced security training and continued education --Trustwave has combined the training and continued education assets from Singtel’s cybersecurity businesses including Trustwave Academy and the Cyber Security Institute into a comprehensive program delivered on-premises and remotely. Cybersecurity education has become paramount to addressing the threat landscape through knowledge and best practices. Customers, partners and employees can learn the latest techniques for detecting threats, defending networks, protecting data and optimizing technologies from many of the world’s top minds in cybersecurity. Options for earning industry recognized certifications and accreditation in penetration testing, data forensics, incident response and other fields are offered.
- Separate business unit focused on compliance --Trustwave has created a separate global Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and risk management arm to help organizations achieve and maintain regulatory compliance. The division represents a continued commitment to focus on compliance, risk and data privacy customer challenges while building upon Trustwave’s foundation as a payment card industry data security standard (PCI DSS) pioneer.
Industry Recognition Demonstrates Trustwave Momentum and Leadership
In 2018, renowned industry analysts worldwide recognized Trustwave for its leadership in cybersecurity and managed security services.
Gartner, Inc., a leading information and technology and advisory company, placed Trustwave in the Leaders quadrant in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide.1
International Data Corporation (IDC) named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape U.S. Incident Readiness, Response, and Resiliency Services 2018 Vendor Assessment - Beyond the Big 5 Consultancies.2 IDC also named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Managed Security Services 2018.3 Additionally, IDC named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Canadian Security Services Providers, 2018 Vendor Assessment.4
Most recently, Frost & Sullivan presented Trustwave with the prestigious 2018 Singapore and Southeast Asia Managed Security Service Provider of the Year award.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and security reduce risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses. For consumers, Singtel delivers a complete and integrated suite of services, including mobile, broadband and TV. For businesses, Singtel offers a complementary array of workforce mobility solutions, data hosting, cloud, network infrastructure, analytics and cyber-security capabilities. The Group has presence in Asia, Australia and Africa and reaches over 700 million mobile customers in 21 countries. Its infrastructure and technology services for businesses span 21 countries, with more than 428 direct points of presence in 362 cities. For more information, visit www.singtel.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SingtelNews.
1 Source: Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide" by Toby Bussa, Kelly M. Kavanagh, Pete Shoard, Sid Deshpande, February 27, 2018.
2 Source: IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape U.S. Incident Readiness, Response, and Resiliency Services 2018 Vendor Assessment - Beyond the Big 5 Consultancies, (IDC# US44257117, October 2018).
3 Source: IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Managed Security Services 2018, (IDC# AP42609818, June 2018).
4 Source: IDC MarketScape: Canadian Security Services Providers, 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC# CA3005218, March 2018).