DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Senegal - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Senegal's economic growth has improved steadily in recent years, with GDP having grown at about 7% in 2017 and 2018. This has translated into consistent growth in the telecom market, with the number of mobile subscribers having increased 4.5% in the year to June 2018.
Orange Group's local subsidiary Orange Senegal (Sonatel) is the dominant player in both the fixed-line and mobile sectors, though there is effective competition in the mobile sector from Tigo Senegal (now owned by Saga Africa Holdings) and Sudatel's local unit Expresso, which have a 24% and 22% market share, respectively.
Competition in the fixed-line sector was introduced when Expresso launched services as the second national operator (SNO) in 2009. The new entrant initially chose CDMA2000 technology to serve both market segments but switched to GSM technology in 2010, including 3G/HSPA mobile broadband. Despite its market entry, Sonatel commands a near monopoly on fixed lines.
- Sale of Tigo Senegal to Saga Africa Holdings approved;
- Tax on telecom services increased to 5%;
- Expresso launches E-Money platform;
- Sonatel delivers LTE to 50% of the population;
- Senegal Internet Exchange Point (SENIX) is opened;
- Tigo and Sonatel inaugurate Tier III data centres;
- Regulator awards more MVNOs licenses, deactivates some five million unregistered SIM cards;
- Digital Senegal 2016-2025 programs to cost XOF1,346 billion;
- ATOS Senegal replaces the State IT Agency (ADIE) to manage the 3,000km fibre network;
- Report update includes the regulator's market data to June 2018, operator data to Q3 2018, recent market developments.
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Statistics
3. Country Overview
4. Telecommunications Market
5. Regulatory Environment
6. Fixed Network Operators
7. Telecommunications Infrastructure
8. Smart Infrastructure
9. Fixed-Line Broadband Market
10. Digital Economy
11. Mobile Market
- Saga Africa Holdings
- Arc Informatique
- Mainstreet Technologies
- Lycamobile Senegal
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xr4gnn/the_senegal?w=4