BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Saturday, January 26, 2019 marks the 25th anniversary of the Venture Capital Private Equity Conference at Harvard Business School. The Venture Capital Private Equity conference expects to draw 1,000+ professionals and students to discuss the most pressing issues facing today’s alternative investing industry.
The conference will host prominent industry professionals to discuss the state of venture capital and private equity through industry and expertise panel sessions. This year’s conference will also feature several new and exciting panels, including AI & Machine Learning, Blockchain, Renewable Energy and Biotech. Other panels will focus on topics that have recently gained prominence, such as Succession Planning, Family Offices, Impact Investing and Diversity.
More than 80 partners and principals from leading private equity and venture capital firms from around the country will participate in the conference. The conference team is delighted and humbled to already have confirmed an exceptional roster of speakers, including:
- Brian Bernasek (Managing Director, Head of Global Industrial & Transportation, The Carlyle Group);
- Joel Cutler (Co-Founder, General Catalyst);
- John Dionne (Senior Advisor and Former Senior Partner, The Blackstone Group);
- Rob Go (Co-Founder and Partner, NextView Ventures);
- Karen Gordon (Partner, L Catterton);
- David Gross-Loh (Managing Director and Co-Head of Asia, Bain Capital);
- Brian Hoesterey (President, AEA Investors);
- Sandra Horbach (Managing Director and Co-Head of US Buyout, The Carlyle Group);
- Monica Mandelli (Managing Director, KKR);
- Deven Parekh (Managing Director, Insight Venture Partners);
- Katie Rae (CEO and Managing Partner, The Engine);
- Rick Schifter (Senior Advisor and Former Partner, TPG);
- Steve Silver (Senior Managing Director and Co-Head of Private Equity, Centerbridge Partners);
- Scott Soussa (Senior Managing Director, Head of Strategic Capital Group, The Blackstone Group);
- David Tisch (Managing Partner, BoxGroup);
- Colin Welch (Partner, TSG Consumer Partners); and
- Bob White (Founder, Bain Capital).
“This is one of the best organized and attended alternative asset conferences in the U.S.,” said Sandra Horbach, Managing Director and Co-Head of US Buyout, The Carlyle Group. “I welcome the opportunity to discuss the state of the private equity industry and hear what’s on the minds of the next generation of buyout and venture professionals.”
“We are thrilled with the enthusiasm we have encountered from all sides for this conference,” said Andrea Mihic, Harvard Business School MBA Class of 2019 and co-chair of the Venture Capital Private Equity Conference. “The level of engagement from these high-caliber, senior folks is infectious and we are so grateful, honored and humbled that they are coming to share their most valuable time with us.”
“We want to be sure to acknowledge our sponsors, who make all of this possible, especially Ernst & Young and Kirkland & Ellis,” said Matt Wozny, Harvard Business School MBA Class of 2019 and co-chair of the Venture Capital Private Equity Conference. “Their generous, continued partnership has enabled us to put together a strong independent conference that we hope will serve as a memorable gateway for the 25 years that are to come!”
To view the full schedule of speakers and events, and to register to attend the conference, please visit: www.thevcpeconference.com.
The Harvard name and the VERITAS shield are trademarks of the President and Fellows of Harvard College and are used by permission of Harvard University.
The conference Twitter hashtag is: #HBSVCPE2019.