CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After a preview launch to its community members, the team behind the Metronome cryptocurrency (MET) today announced the availability of its mobile wallet for iOS and Android, downloadable via the Apple App Store and the Google Play store, respectively.
Launched this year, Metronome is a wholly autonomous cryptocurrency built for:
- Usability: Metronome uniquely supports all currency use-cases – store of value, unit of account, and payment mechanism – for both humans and machines;
- Fairness: Nobody holds special privileges or access in the Metronome ecosystem, with all opportunities to purchase Metronome made available to the public; and
- Endurance: Metronome was designed to be the first cryptocurrency to move across blockchains, offering a unique level of digital asset protection.
As with the desktop wallets for Windows, MacOS, and Linux, mobile wallet users will be able to:
- Send and receive MET and ether (ETH);
- Participate in the Daily Supply Lot, which mints 2,880 new MET every midnight UTC, sold via a descending price auction; and
- Exchange MET for ETH, and vice versa, by using Metronome’s Autonomous Currency Converter instead of an exchange.
“These mobile wallets have been engineered and audited to reflect the same thorough standards of excellence as the Metronome system itself,” said Jeff Garzik, renowned cryptocurrency engineer and chief architect of Metronome. “Our community has been asking for a way to take the complete Metronome experience mobile, and we are proud to have delivered.”
The Metronome team delivered additional information about the new mobile wallet on Medium.
Media and Community Resources
The Metronome team encourages readers to explore the following resources:
- Artwork for iOS wallet (home screen, auction, converter)
- Artwork for Android wallet (home screen, auction, converter)
The Metronome team strongly encourages all users to review the Owner’s Manual before purchasing or using MET. The Owner’s Manual is available in English, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean, and Russian.