DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics), By Product (Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems, OCT), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global eye examination equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.8 billion by 2025, progressing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
Increasing prevalence of eye-related disorders is anticipated to drive the demand for advanced ophthalmic treatment procedures over the forecast period.
Growing global geriatric population is another factor propelling the optometry/eye examination equipment market. According to U.S. Census Bureau published on June 2017, the total population aged 65 and older in the U.S. increased to 49.2 million in 2016, accounting for 15.2% of the total population, from 35 million in 2000, which represented only 12.0% of the total population. Mounting cases of age-related disorders including glaucoma, cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration (AMD) are likely to stoke the growth of the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Growing prevalence of eye diseases and influx of technologically advanced ophthalmic devices are anticipated to boost the growth of the optometry/eye examination equipment market over the forecast period
- Ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems are expected to exhibit the fastest growth over the coming years, owing to rising penetration of B-Scan ultrasound
- Hospitals accounted for the largest revenue share in the market in 2017, owing to rising ophthalmic surgical procedures in hospitals
- North America held the dominant share in the optometry/eye examination equipment market in 2017, due to presence of well-established healthcare setting and treatment facility, surging demand for technologically advanced healthcare products, and favorable reimbursement facilities.
- The market in Asia Pacific, especially Japan and India, are estimated to witness remarkable growth during the forecast period due to increasing investments in the healthcare sector. In Feb 2017, the Japan government invested USD 500 million to build a new eye hospital in order to fulfil the vision 2020 approach by WHO.
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Carl Zeiss Meditec AG; Bausch & Lomb Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc.; Novartis AG; NIDEK CO.; LTD; and Canon
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Report Scope
1.1 Segment Market Scope
1.2 Regional Scope
1.3 Estimates & Forecast Timeline
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
2.1 Model Details
2.2 Information Procurement
2.3 List Of Primary Sources
2.4 Primary Interview Breakup
2.5 List Of Secondary Sources
Chapter 3 Report Objectives
Chapter 4 Executive Summary
4.1 Market Summary
Chapter 5 Market Definitions
Chapter 6 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market: Industry Outlook
6.1 Market Variable Analysis
6.2 Market Driver Analysis
6.2.1 Rising Prevalence of eye diseases
6.2.2 Technological advancements in ophthalmic surgical and diagnostic instruments
6.2.3 Government Initiatives For Increasing Awareness Related To Visual Impairment
6.3 Market Restraints Analysis
6.3.1 Lack Of Trained Ophthalmologist In Developing Nations
6.3.2 High Cost Of Devices In Developing In Nations
6.4 Business Environment Analysis Tools
6.4.1 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment - Swot Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
6.4.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Chapter 7 Regulatory & Political Forces
7.1 Regulatory Landscape
7.1.1 List Of Regulations, By Country
7.1.3 European Countries
7.1.7 Latin American Countries
7.1.8 South Africa
7.2 Political Landscape, Current & Future Scenario
7.2.1 North America
7.2.3 Asia Pacific
7.2.4 Latin America
Chapter 8 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
8.1 Market Participation Categorization
8.1.1 Market Leader
8.2 Strategic Initiatives & Outcome Analysis
8.3 List of Key Companies, By Product
8.4 Company Market Share Analysis
8.4.1 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Company Market Share Analysis, 2017
Chapter 9 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market: Product Analysis
9.1 Product Business Analysis
9.2 Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
9.2.1 Oct Market Estimates And Forecasts, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
9.3 Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems
9.3.1 Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems Market Estimates And Forecasts, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
9.4 Corneal Topography Systems
9.5 Slit Lamps
9.8 Perimeters/Visual Field Analyzers
9.9 Fundus Cameras
9.10 Autorefractors and Keratometers
Chapter 10 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market: End-use Analysis
10.1 End-use Business Analysis
Chapter 11 Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market: Regional Analysis By Product & End-use
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Alcon Inc
- Carl Zeiss Meditec Ag
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc.
- Essilor International S.A.
- Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems Ag
- Nidek Co. Ltd.
- Topcon Medical Systems, Inc.
- Visioncare Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s68b5b/global?w=4