DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Nuclear Medicine Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Diagnostics, Therapeutics), By Application, By Region (North America, APAC, Europe), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global radiopharmaceuticals/nuclear medicine market size is expected to reach USD 15.2 billion by 2025, registering a 10.1% CAGR during the forecast period.
The burden of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiac disorders is on a rise. Nuclear medicine is widely used for diagnosis as well as treatment of such disorders.
Increasing prevalence of these disorders has a direct impact on usage of radiopharmaceuticals. As per data published by the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death around the globe and in 2015, accounted for 8.8 million deaths. This is anticipated to drive demand for radiopharmaceuticals in the years to come.
Diagnostics, when combined with nuclear medicine, improve accuracy to a great extent. This can have a direct impact on decision-making and treatment monitoring processes. Adoption of PET as a diagnostic tool is rapidly increasing since it has shown greater precision over other diagnostic techniques.
- Rising Incidence of Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease
- Widening Applications of Radiopharmaceuticals
- Growing Demand for the Accurate Diagnostic Methods
- Stringent Regulation for Production, Storage, and Usage
- High Cost Involved With Diagnostics and Therapeutic Procedures
- By product, the nuclear medicine market was dominated by the diagnostic segment in 2015, driven primarily by advancements in scanning technologies
- The therapeutic segment, which comprises alpha emitters, beta emitters, and brachytherapy, is anticipated to exhibit lucrative growth over the coming years
- On the basis of application, diagnostic formed the largest segment in 2015, including key areas such as cardiology, neurology, oncology, and thyroid
- North America dominated the global radiopharmaceuticals market in 2015 owing to well-planned policies, favorable reimbursement structure, high healthcare spending, and increasing awareness
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness lucrative growth in the coming years. Increasing per capita income and reform in policies is attracting market players
- Key players in the industry include Eckert & Ziegler Group; Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals; GE Healthcare; Jubilant Life Sciences; Bracco Imaging S.p.A; and Nordion, Inc.
- Eckert & Ziegler Group
- GE Healthcare
- Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.
- Bracco Imaging S.P.A
- Nordion, Inc.
- The Institute for Radioelements (IRE)
- Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organization (ANSTO)
- NTP Radioisotopes SOC Ltd.
- Eczacibasi - Monrol
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Methodology And Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Market Definitions
Chapter 5 Industry Outlook
Chapter 6 Business Environment Aanalysis
Chapter 7 Regulatory & Political Forces
Chapter 8 Product Business Analysis
Chapter 9 Application Mode Business Analysis
Chapter 10 Regional Business Analysis
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
Chapter 12 KOL Commentary
Chapter 13 Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c9qx33/the_global_market?w=4