DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Commercial Seaweed Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Red, Brown, Green), By Form (Liquid, Powdered, Flakes), By Application (Animal Feed, Human Consumption), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global commercial seaweed market size is anticipated to reach USD 22.13 billion by 2024. The market is estimated to witness a healthy CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period.
Rising demand for seaweed-derived food products is estimated to boost the industry growth over the next few years. Growing product application scope in fertilizers, animal feed, and healthcare and medical sectors is also boosting the market demand. Furthermore, growing popularity of seaweed extracts such as agar, carrageenan, and alginate is also likely to drive the commercial seaweed market.
Increasing product application scope in the pharmaceutical sector is projected to boost the market growth. Various properties of commercial seaweeds such as thickening and gelling, which are applicable in hydrocolloid industries, is expected to drive the market further. Regulations regarding the production and harvesting of seaweeds concerning human consumption, animal feed, and agricultural use is expected to augment the market. Seaweeds serve as a major food product in Asia Pacific region. Increased consumption of organic foods is expected to fuel the product demand in the coming years.
- The global commercial seaweed market is projected to witness strong demand over the coming years owing to rising awareness regarding the benefits of seaweeds
- Majority of the commercial seaweeds are consumed in liquid form due to ease of application and growing industrial demand
- Red seaweed emerged as the fastest-growing product segment in 2015 and accounted for more than 52% of the global market
- Human consumption emerged as the largest application segment in 2015 accounting for more than 80% of the overall share
- Rising awareness regarding healthier eating habits and lifestyle along with increased disposable income are the key growth-driving factors
- Some of the prominent companies operating in this industry include E.I. DuPont Nemours and Company, Cargill, Inc., Roullier Group, Compo GmbH & Co., and Biostadt India Ltd.
Chapter 1 Methodology & Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Commercial Seaweed Industry Outlook
Chapter 4 Commercial Seaweed Product Outlook
Chapter 5 Commercial Seaweed Form Outlook
Chapter 6 Commercial Seaweed Application Outlook
Chapter 7 Commercial Seaweed Regional Outlook
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Cargill Inc.
- E.I. Du Pontde Nemours and Company
- BiostadtIndia Limited
- Compo GmbH& Co. KG
- AcadianSeaplants Limited
- Gelymar S.A.
- SeasolInternational Pty. Ltd.
- CP Kelco
- West Coast Marine Bio-Processing Corp.
- Leili Group
- Chase Organics GB Limited
- Indigrow Ltd.
- The Cornish Seaweed Company
- Travena Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lwg6mc/commercial?w=4