CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Videojet Technologies, a global leader in coding, marking and variable data printing solutions, is highlighting its latest product innovations at the Pack Expo International 2018 trade show held October 14-17 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Booth S-2541.
Backed by a strong year of new product introductions, Videojet will show its dedication to providing the packaging industry with advanced coding and marking solutions that enhance productivity and increase uptime. “We know that our customers’ production efficiency, code complexity and supply chain management are areas where we can make an immediate impact through continuous dedication to product innovation,” said Matt Aldrich, Director of Marketing and Product Management, North America, at Videojet. “At Pack Expo 2018, attendees will learn about our latest equipment, including the new Videojet 1580 Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) printer, and they can see the full range of innovative Videojet coding solutions featuring advanced connectivity options and tools designed to help users achieve higher productivity.”
Experts will be on hand to demonstrate the new VideojetConnect™ Packaging Line Visibility and Productivity Suite. With minimized investment and simple set-up, the innovative VideojetConnect™ suite allows manufacturers to leverage Videojet equipment they already have to gain visibility into their packaging line operations to maximize productivity and pinpoint opportunities for reducing operating costs.
Show attendees can also experience a broad range of packaging solutions from the full Videojet coding and marking line, including CIJ printers, thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers, thermal transfer overprinters (TTO), laser marking systems, and case coding/labeling solutions.
Innovative Product Line Delivers Increased Productivity and Predictability
Videojet is highlighting several new technologies at Pack Expo including:
- The new Videojet 1580 CIJ printer features dependable performance and superior print quality. Videojet SmartCell™ components are easy-to-replace within minutes, helping to ensure maximum line productivity with no additional downtime. The Videojet SIMPLICiTY™ user interface streamlines and minimizes operator interactions to help eliminate potential user errors. The 1580 also features Videojet OPTIMiZE software that provides on-screen alerts as well as featuring expert diagnostics, analytics and guides to enhance everyday printer performance.
- VideojetConnect™ Packaging Line Visibility and Productivity Suite is a new Software as a Service (SaaS) production efficiency tool from Videojet. Designed to harness the data inherent in production, the suite is for use at the factory level, and tracks finished goods, packaging line production rates, line stops, and other valuable operations data. Enabled Videojet printers can collect this day-to-day data from across multiple packaging lines, providing an easier, more efficient way to gather actionable data from the larger packaging operation.
Other Videojet products to be showcased at Pack Expo include:
- The high-powered CO2 Videojet 3640 60-Watt Laser Marking System is engineered to process complex codes at the highest speeds and features the industry's widest marking window. With virtually no font, code or graphic restrictions, the Videojet 3640 meets the demand for marking at line speeds up to 900 meters per minute, depending on the application. The wide marking window allows the 3640 to cover up to 600mm, meaning a variety of wide web applications that previously would have required two lasers can be addressed with one laser.
- The Videojet DataFlex® 6530 and 6330 TTO printers feature the revolutionary iAssure™ technology, an industry-first, integrated code assurance system that automatically checks every print for alphanumeric print defects and helps to reduce the packaging waste that results from coding errors. The modular design gives users the flexibility to choose how to integrate the printer into their production line, and for those users that require fewer components to be exposed in a production environment, both the 6530 and 6330 can also be controlled away from the line through their web interfaces.
- The Videojet 1860 CIJ printer, utilizing innovative predictive capabilities, includes an industry-first ink build-up sensor that provides up to eight hours of advanced notice of common potential fault conditions that can impact OEE and uptime. Complete with optional IP66 protection and hygienic design, the 1860 is ideal for harsh environments, including caustic wash-down.
- New to the Pack Expo audience, the Videojet 8520 and Wolke m610 TIJ printers are high-resolution printers that use HP® technology and are engineered to meet complex coding requirements including remote printer control.
- Also showcased, the Videojet 7610 100-Watt fiber laser marking system applies high-contrast marks at ultra-fast speeds on hard plastics, metals and other products. It marks up to 600m/min. to address the demands of high-speed packaging operations. Also showcased, the Videojet 7320 20-Watt fiber laser marking system is a compact, versatile and low maintenance solid-state marking system available for marking on metal, plastic and other hard-to-mark materials.
- Videojet will also highlight coding and marking solutions specifically engineered for pharmaceutical and medical packaging, including a Track & Trace thermal inkjet printing demonstration featuring SigNature® molecular inks, and the Videojet IMprints AI21™ Pharma Serialization solution.
- Exhibiting a robust array of high-performing marking and coding solutions in action, attendees can experience a full packaging line including the 1860 CIJ; 8520 and 8610 TIJ printers; 3340 and 3640 CO2 lasers marking on both white cartons for primary packaging and on corrugated cases; the 9550 print and apply labeler; and the 2361 and Unicorn case coders for high and low-resolution case coding.
- Attendees can also see a demonstration of VideojetConnect™ Remote Service, an intelligent, cloud-based solution that helps customers optimize printer performance by enabling remote diagnosis and repair by customers’ in-house experts or Videojet Technical Support. The solution sends real-time email alerts of printer needs and generates performance dashboards to provide enhanced control and visibility of printer operations. Live from the Videojet booth, VideojetConnect™ Remote Service will be monitoring equipment in OEM partner booths throughout Pack Expo.
Additionally, attendees can join a session, “How to Get Big Productivity with a Small Budget (and the IoT),” with Videojet expert Jessica Wettstein. Taking place on October 16 at 11:00 a.m. on Innovation Stage 3, Booth #N-4585, the session will focus not only on how to get access to production data, but how to interpret it for improvement. As the Director of Product Planning at Videojet, Wettstein leads a team in understanding customer needs, leveraging industry insight, and defining winning market requirements for the next generation of Videojet innovations.
All of the newest Videojet innovations are on display in Pack Expo Booth S-2541. For more information on Videojet equipment, please visit http://www.videojet.com.
About Videojet Technologies
Videojet Technologies, a Danaher operating company, is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product lifecycle services. Their goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With customer application experts and technology leadership in Continuous Inkjet (CIJ), Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), Laser Marking, Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 345,000 printers installed worldwide. Customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service and training support is provided by direct operations with over 4,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, Videojet’s distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
©2018 Videojet Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Videojet is a registered trademark of Videojet Technologies Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.