DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Slovenia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Slovenia's telecommunications market. The report analyses the fixed-line, mobile and broadband sectors.
Slovenia's fixed-line telecom market remains dominated by Telekom Slovenije despite regulatory efforts to develop competition in the sector. The Group suffered from declining revenue following the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 and only showed growth again in 2017.
To diversify its business interests and lessen the reliance on pure telecom services the company has expanded into the electricity and insurance sectors, capitalising on its extensive customer base. In response to competition, the telco has also followed the path of many European incumbents and developed an international presence, focused predominantly on the Balkans region where it is becoming a regional provider of IT and multimedia services.
- Telekom Slovenije unbundles fibre infrastructure;
- Government funding extends broadband to more municipalities;
- Government broadband program targets extending FttP to 90% of the population by 2020;
- Telekom Slovenije launches satellite broadband services;
- Sharp rise in VoIP connections as PSTN declines;
- Telecoms sector investment recovers from the economic downturn;
- Proportion of access lines on NGNs continues to grow;
- Amendments made to the Electronic Communications Act;
- A1 Slovenia trials carrier aggregation technology to provide data at up to 877.5Mb/s;
- Regulator and Ministry of Public Administration initiate a number of trials for the use of 5G technologies;
- MVNO IZI Mobil transfers subscribers to Telekom Slovenije;
- Regulator opens consultation into the auction of spectrum in the 3.5GHz, 10GHz and 12GHz bands;
- Report update includes the regulator's annual report and market reports to March 2018; telcos' operating and financial data to Q2 2018; recent market developments.
- A1 Slovenia (Si.mobil)
- Amis Telekom
- Serbia Broadband
- Telekom Slovenije
- Telemach (Tumobil)
Key Topics Covered
1. Key Statistics
2. Telecommunications Market
3. Regulatory Environment
4. Fixed Network Operators
5. Telecommunications Infrastructure
6. Broadband Market
7. Digital Economy
8. Digital Media
9. Mobile Communications
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7k54lt/telecoms_mobile?w=4