DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Taiwan - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Overall fixed line penetration decreased from 2012 to 2018. The market is predicted to gradually decline over the next five years to 2023. Fixed-line penetration is predicted to drop as mobile and mobile broadband penetration continue to increase.
Taiwan is implementing a strategy to leverage its strengths in cost-effective, advanced manufacturing to attain a significant share of the global IoT market. The government has included the technological development of IoT-enabled devices under its 5+2 industrial development plan.
Taiwan possesses an advanced fixed broadband market, with services accessible through a variety of technology platforms including DSL, fibre, Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC), leased lines and wireless. Fibre is the most popular platform and has underpinned Taiwan's relatively high standing in global broadband rankings.
Fibre broadband growth in Taiwan is largely due to the migration of ADSL subscribers to fibre broadband access, attracted to the higher speeds on offer. Growth in overall fibre broadband subscriptions are expected to be subdued.
Taiwan possesses a competitive mobile market comprised of six mobile network operators although the market is dominated by three players. High mobile penetration has resulted in intense competition to gain new subscribers hence the market was quick to embrace 4G LTE.
Taiwan's mobile market is relatively developed compared to other Asian markets and has experienced negative growth over the last five years due to an increasingly saturated market. Flat to very slow growth is predicted over the next five years to 2023. The market will be constrained from higher growth due to a saturated mobile subscriber market and strong local competition.
- Taiwan is implementing a strategy to attain a significant share of the global IoT market.
- Fixed line penetration is predicted to gradually decline over the next five years to 2023.
- Cross border online shopping trade is continuing to grow strongly in Taiwan.
- Market penetration in the fixed broadband subscriber market has remained flat over the past five years.
- Taiwan has taken steps to develop a digital economy, encompassing digital media and e-services.
- Line Corp has announced its entrance into Taiwan's MVNO market.
- APT is the first operator to receive approval to build a trial 5G network.
- Slowing mobile broadband growth is predicted over the next five years to 2023.
- Asia Pacific Broadband Telecommunications
- Asia Pacific Telecom
- Chunghwa Telecom
- Far Eastone
- Global Mobile
- New Century Infocom
- Taiwan Fixed Network Telecom
- Taiwan Mobile
- Tatung Telecom
- Vibo Telecom Ambit
- WiMAX Telecom
1. Key Statistics
2. Telecommunications Market
3. Regulatory Environment
4. Fixed Network Operators
5. Telecommunications Infrastructure
6. Broadband Market
7. Digital Economy
8. Digital Media
9. Mobile Communications
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xtn72h/telecoms_mobile?w=4