MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Artificial intelligence (AI), new ways users are interacting with connected devices at the “edge”, and advances in connectivity and cloud-based technologies are creating a wealth of new IoT opportunities. Today, Renesas Electronics Corporation, a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced it will showcase its embedded innovations that are transforming the IoT landscape at Arm® TechCon, October 16-18, 2018 at the San Jose Convention Center.
At booth #727, Renesas will highlight solutions and techniques that enable system developers to speed solutions from prototype to product applications for smart healthcare, smart homes, connected factories and infrastructure, and automotive, featuring its RZ/G microprocessors (MPUs), R-Car System-on-Chips (SoCs), Renesas Synergy™ microcontrollers (MCUs), and Renesas Synergy Platform.
Ganesh Balamitran, Product Marketing Manager, will discuss challenges and proposed solutions for implementing embedded AI on Arm Cortex® A/M devices.
- When: Tuesday, October 16, 11:30 am PT
Kaushal Vora, Marketing Director for Healthcare & Emerging Technologies, and Henrik Flodell, Business Development Manager, MCU Products, will discuss ensuring silicon-to-cloud security for medical devices:
- When: Thursday, October 18, 2:30 pm PT
Renesas will highlight solutions and techniques that allow IoT and automotive system developers to simplify and speed their smart solutions from prototype to market.
- Secure Chip-to-Cloud Connectivity Over Cellular using the Synergy Platform: As more devices come online at the edge, the flexibility to wirelessly connect to the cloud using Wi-Fi or cellular becomes increasingly important. The Synergy AE-CLOUD2 kit is an out-of-the-box reference design and starting point for developers to quickly connect to their preferred enterprise clouds, such as Amazon Web Services™, Google Cloud Platform™, Microsoft Azure™, or Medium One Cloud via Wi-Fi, or cellular networks. The AE-Cloud2 kit features the Renesas Synergy S5D9 MCU alongside a wide array of sensors, and is certified globally for operation on 4G/LTE CAT-1 and CAT-NB1 cellular networks.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine
Vision: AI and machine vision are changing the way
consumers operate their everyday devices, providing greater customized
experiences and predictive capabilities.
- The Cloud-Connected Smart Kiosk will demonstrate the use of AI and analytics with the Renesas RZ/G MPU to create customized user experiences for applications requiring facial and body recognition, including user age, and gender information.
- Renesas will also highlight embedded AI capabilities for object identification in a proof-of-concept that demonstrates convolutional neural networks running on high-performance RZ/G MPUs with Tensorflow and Caffe2 models.
- Renesas will demonstrate edge detection and other image processing filters running with and without Dynamic Reconfigurable Processor (DRP) accelerator support on the RZ/A2M DRP block—demo highlights the real-world impact of DRP for developing image-processing accelerators.
Advanced Human Machine Interface & Graphics
on the Synergy Platform: HMI advancements enable
users to interact with their environment in new ways, contributing to
enhanced user experiences, increased safety, and greater efficiency.
- Renesas will demonstrate the Renesas Synergy Platform, featuring the Synergy S7G2 MCU, to simplify the development of rich graphical user interfaces and advanced easy-to-use HMI application interfaces for home automation, healthcare, industrial equipment, and home appliances.
Remote Patient Monitoring: IoT
technology is reshaping the healthcare ecosystem, particularly for
applications like patient monitoring.
- Renesas will showcase the combination of its Continua-certified Healthcare Meters Kit and a Bluetooth®-connected home health hub to build a remote patient monitoring platform that connects with the patient ’s cloud portal to enable more efficient patient health management.
Advanced Automotive Infotainment and Safety
- The hardware hypervisor demonstration will feature the high-performance R-Car H3 SoC driving a cluster, heads up display (HUD), and center stack to illustrate the concept of cockpit HMI in a virtualized environment, allowing two operating systems to run on one SoC.
- The automotive Surround View solution will demonstrate cost-effective design of 360° vision-based safety systems featuring the R-Car V3M SoC.
For more information about Renesas, follow Renesas Electronics America at @RenesasAmerica on Twitter and https://www.facebook.com/RenesasElectronics.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live—securely and safely. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power and SoC products and integrated platforms, Renesas provides the expertise, quality, and comprehensive solutions for a broad range of Automotive, Industrial, Home Electronics, Office Automation and Information Communication Technology applications to help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com.
(Remarks) Renesas Synergy is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation. Arm and Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the US and/or elsewhere. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Amazon Web Services is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Google Cloud Platform is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft Azure is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.