LISLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As a fourth year official sponsor of the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, Molex invites race fans and participants to its interactive exhibit at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo, Oct. 5–6 at McCormick Place Convention Center, booth 603.
Two special guests will once again appear at the Molex booth this year to sign autographs and share stories about their championship running careers.
- Olympic medalist, 2005 Bank of America Chicago Marathon winner and author, Deena Kastor will welcome visitors from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5. Deena won the bronze medal for the 2004 Olympics Women’s Marathon in Athens and holds national records in distances ranging from 5K to marathon. Deena will answer any questions and sign visitors copies of her recently debuted her new book titled, Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory.
- On Saturday, Oct. 6 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m., visitors can meet women’s marathon world-record holder Paula Radcliffe, who has placed first in six world championships and seven big-city marathons, including London and New York.
The Molex booth will feature an updated virtual experience allowing visitors to create a personalized image which can then be shared immediately to social channels through a kiosk. Participants will also be able to enjoy an interactive touchscreen activity display that shows how Molex and Koch companies are impacting people’s lives through technology innovation.
“We are honored to return for a fourth year as an official sponsor of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and announce our continued involvement for another three years,” said Martin Slark, CEO of Molex and board member of Koch Industries. “It is truly an inspiration to see the determination of our Team Molex, our colleagues from other innovative Koch companies, volunteers, fundraising contributors and the many Molex and Koch employees who are supporting this effort.”
Molex is again sponsoring a Team Molex matching charitable giving program offering employees an opportunity to select and raise funds for their favorite charity. Since launching our charity program in 2016, to date the company has raised more than $200,000 for over twenty charities. Donations can continue to be made through Oct. 7 through CrowdRise at https://www.crowdrise.com/Molex2018.
Molex has signed over 300 runners representing Molex and other Koch Companies from all over the globe to participate in this year’s race as part of the largest group of Team Molex runners to date. Molex will also bring over 150 employee volunteers to staff Aid Station 6 at the 15K mark near the intersection of Clark Street and Webster Avenue, Expo booth, and to welcome runners at the Molex Hospitality tent near the finish line.
For more information, please visit www.molex.com/marathon.
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, medical, industrial, automotive, and commercial vehicle. For more information, please visit www.molex.com.
- Learn more about Molex at www.molex.com
- Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
- Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
- Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
- Read our blog at www.connector.com
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex, LLC in the United States of America and may be registered in other countries; all other trademarks listed herein belong to their respective owners.