WHEATON, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Help Lynn Win, the organization supporting DuPage County Board Chairman Candidate, Lynn LaPlante, is hosting a free “Get Out The Vote Concert” on Saturday, October 6 at the DuPage County Fairgrounds at 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL from 3PM to 7PM. For the very first time, constituents in DuPage County will have a chance to hear from the largest gathering of Democratic candidates in the state.
Ms. LaPlante commented, “This is a watershed event in an historically red DuPage County. We have never had a full Democratic ballot for voters to choose from before. Currently, there is one Democrat out of nineteen County Board Members. A Democrat or a woman has never held the office of Chairman in the history of DuPage County—179 years! It is time to change that.
For the first time in its history, voters will be able to hear from and meet a full ballot of inspiring Democratic candidates, from the judges at bottom of the ballot to gubernatorial candidates at the top. Many of the candidates attending the event, including JB Pritzker, are first time candidates like me, following President Obama’s wise words that ‘change only happens when ordinary people get involved.”
- Headlining the event will be Orbert Davis, the composer, trumpeter and founder of the Chicago Jazz Philharmonic. He recently opened the Chicago Jazz Fest and filled Millennium Park with the CJP Summer series. Lynn LaPlante, a member of the Jazz Philharmonic, and Democratic candidate for DuPage County Chairman, will join him and his jazz quartet.
- Tammy McCann, one of the top female vocalists in Chicago, will be performing.
- Michael Mejia, singer
- Ralph Covert of Ralph’s World, performing a family-friendly concert
- All Democratic candidates running in the midterm election have been invited to speak and interact with guests.
- There is expected to be several food and beverage trucks in attendance showcasing the Chicagoland area’s most delicious food and drinks from all over the county and beyond.
- Register to Vote! Find your polling place, come up with a voting plan and even review a sample ballot to be prepared for Election Day.
- Educating Future Voters. Kids can try a mock voting booth; make their own campaign posters and other fun activities. Picture booths will be on hand to capture it, and all kids will receive iconic “I VOTED“ stickers to wear proudly.
- Inspiring activists from all backgrounds, areas and causes are booked to speak.
- Organizations from around the state and nation will have booths to encourage voter participation, education and volunteer opportunities.
Ms. LaPlante continued, “This event is for all interested in working to strengthen our beloved DuPage County through more diverse and effective governance. The Chairman position I am running for today has become entirely too political. We need to return to our sense of community, work together as neighbors and elect individuals who will govern for the constituents they represent, not for their own self-interests. On behalf of all the candidates in attendance, I believe the GOTV will be the start of that foundation in a county that has suffered from a significant lack of diversity – by party, by gender, by race and for far too long.”