CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) today announced $1 million in donations to support communities impacted by Hurricane Florence and the activation of special disaster assistance for customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by Hurricane Florence,” said Chief Executive Officer Tim Sloan. “Wells Fargo is committed to working with organizations and agencies to help our communities recover and to providing assistance to our customers and team members in the days and weeks ahead.”
Nationwide Relief Efforts
The Wells Fargo Foundation will donate $1 million to support hurricane relief efforts with $500,000 going to the American Red Cross and the remaining $500,000 to be disbursed in the coming weeks to non-profits located in affected communities. Wells Fargo customers nationwide who wish to support American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts may also donate through Wells Fargo ATMs or by redeeming any amount of available Go Far ® Rewards for donation through September 28.
- Customers can go to any Wells Fargo ATM in the U.S. and select the option to donate. There is no fee and 100% of contributions will be sent to the American Red Cross.
- Go Far Rewards customers can access their rewards account at GoFarRewards.wf.com or by calling the service center at 877-517-1358
The company also announced that it is allocating $3 million to its WE Care Fund which provides grants to team members who face a catastrophic disaster or financial hardship resulting from an event beyond their control. This program is intended to help team members get back on their feet with basic necessities and, in particular, is intended to assist those team members who do not have other resources to help themselves.
Disaster Relief Customer Assistance Information
Wells Fargo is committed to providing support to customers and clients affected by Hurricane Florence. including reversing certain fees – such as late fees – for our lending products, including credit cards, auto loans, personal loans and lines of credit, and waiving Wells Fargo fees for customers using non-Wells Fargo ATMs. Customers who want to discuss their financial needs should call 800-TO-WELLS (800-869-3557), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and Home Equity customers can contact Wells Fargo to discuss potential payment and disaster assistance options or access information at Disaster Assistance and Property Damage Support site.
- Home Mortgage: 888-818-9147, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST.
- Home Equity: 1-866-355-1540, Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Auto loan customers can request payment assistance for up to 90 days and discuss available options for the filing of a Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) claim, if applicable.
- Direct Auto customers: 1-800-559-3557, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time.
- Indirect Auto customers: 1-800-289-8004, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST, and Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Wells Fargo Consumer Lending customers (credit card, retail services, student loans, personal loans and lines of credit) who are affected by the Hurricane can request payment assistance and waiving of fees for up to 90 days.
- Personal loans: 1-877-269-6056, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST.
- Credit cards and personal lines of credit: Call the number on the back of the card or call Wells Fargo at 1-800-642-4720 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Education financial services: 1-800-658-3567, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
Wells Fargo Small Business Lending customers who are affected by the Hurricane can request a payment deferment and waiver of late fees for up to 90 days on their Small Business Line of Credit, Small Business Credit Card, Commercial Loan, Wells Fargo BusinessLoan® Term Loan, Business PrimeLoan, Equipment Express® Loan, Commercial Equity Line of Credit, Commercial Real Estate Loan, FastFlex® Small Business Loan or FastFlex® Small Business Line of Credit. Customers can contact the National Business Banking Center at 1-800-225-5935, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Retail small business customers impacted by the hurricane are encouraged to call Wells Fargo, 800-225-5935, for more information and to discuss their options. Wells Fargo Insurance Services has also contacted clients in impacted areas to provide support and expertise.
Customers in the impacted area who participate in an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan provided by Wells Fargo may be eligible to access their retirement savings. For more information, customers should call 800-728-3123.
Customers of Wells Fargo Merchant Services who are in need of assistance with their merchant processing due to the impact of Hurricane Florence can call 800-451-5817. Affected merchant customers who contact Wells Fargo by September 30 can receive a complimentary Clover® Go card reader that works with a mobile device and, will enable their business to accept card payments. The one-time cost for the card reader is waived; however, payment processing costs from using the card reader will still apply, as will cellular service data rates as described by the provider.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 8,050 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 38 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2018 rankings of America’s largest corporations. The Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked Wells Fargo No. 3 on its most recent list of the top corporate cash philanthropists. In 2016, Wells Fargo donated $281.3 million to 14,900 nonprofits and Wells Fargo team members volunteered 1.73 million hours with 50,000 nonprofits. Wells Fargo’s corporate social responsibility efforts are focused on three priorities: economic empowerment in underserved communities, environmental sustainability, and advancing diversity and social inclusion. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
* The American Red Cross name, emblem and copyrighted materials are being used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.