ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FANUC CORPORATION, the world’s leading supplier of robotics and factory automation will demonstrate its evolving smart, connected Industrial IoT manufacturing technologies at IMTS 2018 in Booth #338919.
“We are inviting IMTS attendees in search of solutions to improve their manufacturing operations to spend some time with us at IMTS,” said Mike Cicco, president and CEO, FANUC America. “Our technical experts are ready to demonstrate FANUC’s latest automation technologies designed to help manufacturers increase their productivity and improve their competitive position.”
FANUC’s IMTS exhibit includes:
Industrial IoT Solutions: the FANUC Intelligent Edge Link and Drive (FIELD) system and Zero Down Time on ROBOT-LINKi (ZDT).
FIELD system offers customers an open platform that collects machine data and monitors the operating status of their manufacturing equipment in real time. Third-party application developers can create and sell FIELD applications that improve the efficiency of equipment, production throughput, process quality and more using an industrial API interface to access the data and perform analytics. FANUC’s FIELD system will be connected to more than 300 machines from 144 companies at the show.
ZDT on ROBOT-LINKi offers either a cloud-based or on-prem solution available to manufacturers who purchase FANUC robots. ZDT offers predictive analytics that can prevent unexpected downtime by identifying component failures in advance, and recommend proper intervals for routine equipment maintenance activities. This allows plant managers to schedule regular production downtime for maintenance and mechanical hardware replacement rather than lose valuable time and money performing unscheduled repairs or maintenance. Plant managers can monitor the manufacturing process using a web portal and have a clear picture of device health, equipment utilization, and energy consumption. ZDT data can also help customers reduce overall life cycle costs. Today, nearly 18,000 robots in industry are operating with ZDT’s cloud-based solution.
New advanced features in CNC and motion control products will include:
- Improved, high-resolution 3D model machining simulation that supports 5-axis and compound machining functions.
- FANUC Series 0i-MODEL F Plus, the next generation of the Series 0i CNC. The FANUC 0i-F is now more powerful and even easier to use than ever before.
- Connecting FANUC robots and CNCs has been made even easier with the Quick and Simple Startup of Robotization (QSSR) feature.
FANUC will also demonstrate a wide range of robotic and ROBOMACHINE solutions including:
- 18 unique robotic cells demonstrating various applications such as material handling, laser/arc/spot welding, bin picking, painting, deburring, assembly, and dispensing.
- New SCARA robot series and a new mid-range CR-15iA collaborative robot. FANUC's collaborative robot demonstrations will feature a new Hand Guidance option and unmanned order fulfillment.
- New 3D Vision Sensor and Deep Learning capabilities that helps maximize throughput and productivity.
- The latest ROBOMACHINEs offering the ultimate in speed, power and finish capabilities.
FANUC will also have a strong presence at the Smartforce Student Summit featuring interactive displays and for the first time ever, Learning Labs for educators.
Since 2010, FANUC has lead the effort to address the critical challenge caused by a shortage of skilled workers, and helped change the perceptions of careers in manufacturing. Its new industry-leading certifications provide students and companies with measurable skill sets aligned with today’s advanced automation technologies, increasing workforce readiness at all levels.
FANUC will be featured in the following conference Sessions:
- Enhancing Shop Floor Productivity – Mon. Sept. 10 | 1:15-2:10 | W192-B Register
- 5-Axis Machining – Some Best Practices - Tue. Sept. 11| 9:00 AM - 9:55 AM | W192-B Register
- Robotic Laser Opportunities – Wed. Sept. 12 |2:45-3:15 | W-190B Register
About FANUC CORPORATION
FANUC CORPORATION, headquartered at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan, is the global leader and the most innovative manufacturer of Factory Automation, Robots and ROBOMACHINE’s in the world. With 263 offices in 108 countries, FANUC provides world-class customer service and support. Since its inception in 1972, FANUC has contributed to the automation of machine tools as a pioneer in the development of computer numerical control equipment. FANUC technology has been a leading force in a worldwide manufacturing revolution, which evolved from the automation of a single machine to the automation of entire production lines. For more information visit: http://www.fanuc.co.jp/eindex.htm.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
FANUC embraces a culture of “Service First” which means that customer service is our highest priority. We are committed to supplying our customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Monterrey, and Queretaro, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website: www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram.