CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bank today announced winners of the 2018 Fifth Third Scholarship Program. Since 2005, the Fifth Third Foundation has annually awarded one-time $2,500 scholarships to children of Fifth Third employees to further their study at a college or university. The Program has awarded 275 scholarships since its inception.
Chosen and administered by the National Merit Scholarship Corp., the Fifth Third Scholarship Program recognizes the academic achievements of the following students, listed with their employee parent or parents and their work location:
National Merit Fifth Third Scholarship recipients:
- Joseph W. Coleman, son of Warren Coleman, Cleveland.
- Robert C. Kerr, son of Tim Kerr, Cincinnati.
- Lalitha Lavanya Konda, daughter of Ramakrishna Konda and Uma Sailaja Garlapati, Cincinnati.
- Samuel Konrad, son of Robert Konrad, Cincinnati.
- Rahul Ramesh, son of Ramesh Ramakrishnan and Ramya Gangothree Ramesh, Cincinnati.
- Weston C. Yorke, son of Barth Yorke, Cincinnati.
Fifth Third Scholarship Recipients:
- Olivia N. Creevy, daughter of Chad Creevy, Holland, Michigan.
- Brendan A. Dewley, son of Lynette Dewley, Owosso, Michigan.
- Mason Thomas Eldridge, son of Tom and Dawn Eldridge, Cincinnati.
- Annika Britt Erickson, daughter of Deborah Erickson, Grand Haven, Michigan
- Aidan P. Flanigan, son of Suzanne Flanigan, Cincinnati.
- Trent Florey, son of Ross Florey, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Jolie C. Foor, daughter of Ronald Foor, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Katherine R. Hannahs, daughter of Timothy Hannahs, Chicago.
- Megan Hoover, daughter of Thomas Hoover, III, Columbus, Ohio.
- Kitrina R. Justus, daughter of Jeffrey Justus, Cincinnati.
- Jacob T. Langguth, son of Steve Langguth, Cincinnati.
- Lindsey M. Marian, daughter of John Marian, Tampa, Florida.
- Melonie L. McDonel, daughter of Michele McDonel, Cincinnati.
- William J. McGuire, son of Timothy McGuire, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Netra Rastogi, daughter of Vandana Rastogi, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Gabrielle L. Salvado, daughter of Marie-Laure Salvado, Cincinnati.
- Katherine M. Underwood, daughter of Gayne Underwood, Chicago.
- Michael A. Wilberding, son of Thale Wilberding, Cincinnati.
- Audrey Woodward, daughter of Laura Bachmeyer, Cincinnati.
“I extend my sincere congratulations to these students and wish them the best of luck as they prepare for the next phase of their lives,” said Greg D. Carmichael, Fifth Third Bancorp chairman, president and CEO. “Our scholarship program enables Fifth Third to recognize and financially support the higher education of these deserving students and to give back to their parents.”
“The Fifth Third Foundation congratulates these 25 deserving students on earning a Fifth Third scholarship,” said Heidi Jark, senior vice president and managing director of the Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank. “This is a Fifth Third Better program that since its inception has enabled us to contribute over $500,000 to the higher education of children of Fifth Third employees and help improve their lives.”
The National Merit Scholarship Corp. (NMSC) is an independent not-for-profit organization. The National Merit Scholarship Program was designed to identify and honor exceptionally able high school students, and to provide a system of services for corporations, foundations and other organizations that wish to sponsor college undergraduate scholarships to students who interest them. All aspects of the selection of winners and the administration of their awards are handled by the NMSC.
Established in 1948, the Fifth Third Foundation was the first charitable foundation created by a financial institution. The Foundation supports worthy causes in the areas of health and human services, education, community development and the arts in the states where Fifth Third Bank operates.