REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes – In the Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes game, one player is trapped in a room with a ticking time bomb they must defuse. The other players are the “Experts” who must give the instructions to defuse the bomb by deciphering the information found in the Bomb Defusal Manual. But there’s a catch: The Experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast! Puzzle solving and communication skills – and maybe a few friendships – will be put to the test as players race to defuse bombs while communicating quickly, clearly and effectively.
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Season Pass – After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be Clementine and AJ’s chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. In this gripping, emotional final season, your choices define your relationships, shape your world, and determine how Clementine’s story ends.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Flower Festival Event – Every day is a new day in the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp smartphone game. Starting today, the Flower Festival event begins. Stop by your garden to get special event flower seeds. If you cross-pollinate event flowers, you can get seeds for flowers of different colors. Trade event flowers to Lloid for items like a red-and-yellow bicycle and Flower Festival clothing, among other fun summer items. This event is running from Aug. 16 at 11 p.m. PT through Aug. 28 at 10:59 p.m. PT.
- August Legendary Pokémon – The Legendary duo of Kyogre and Groudon has dominated the land and seas since originally appearing in the Hoenn region. Now you can get one of them via a code from your local participating GameStop store from Aug. 3 to Aug. 26. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Sun players can get Kyogre, while Pokémon Ultra Moon and Pokémon Moon players can get Groudon. Available while supplies last. Contact your local GameStop or check https://www.gamestop.com/stores to find participating stores.
- Nintendo Labo Creators Contest No. 2 Ends Soon – Calling Nintendo Labo fans! In less than one week, the latest Nintendo Labo Creators Contest ends. Have you started on your entry? A team of Nintendo Labo judges will select two Grand Prize winners and eight runner-up winners in two categories: Best Toy-Con Musical Instrument and Best Gaming Experience using Toy-Con Garage. The contest ends at 10:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 20. You can also check out other submissions here – and don’t forget to give a “like” to your favorites! The prizes include a specially designed, collectible cardboard-inspired Nintendo Switch system, Nintendo Labo Creators jackets and more. For more info, please visit the official contest site at https://labo.nintendo.com/share/#!/contest/.*
*Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec), ages 13+. Nintendo Switch system and Nintendo Labo kit required. Contest begins 11AM PT on 7/19/18 and ends at 10:59AM PT on 8/20/18. To enter, upload a video of your Toy-Con creation or invention as detailed in the Official Rules. 2 Grand Prize winners will each receive one (1) collectible Nintendo Switch system (ARV: $ $1,000 USD), one (1) Nintendo Labo Creators Jacket (ARV: $ 70.00 USD), and one (1) award certificate (ARV: $ 70.00 USD). 8 Runner-Up winners will each receive one (1) collectible pair of Joy-Con controllers, one (1) Nintendo Labo Creators Jacket (ARV: $ 70.00 USD), and one (1) award certificate (ARV: $ 70.00 USD). Total ARV of all prizes: $3,640 USD. Chances of winning a prize depend on eligibility and quality of entries received, and how well each meets the judging criteria. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://labo.nintendo.com/share/#!/contest-rules/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 4 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- All-Star Fruit Racing (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 21
- Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives Kid’s Horehore Daisakusen (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- CastleStorm (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Detective Gallo (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 17
- FLIP OVER FROG (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- FunBox Party (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Nitro Ball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Manual Samuel (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Monopoly for Nintendo Switch – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Morphite – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Next Up Hero (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Out of The Box (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 22
- Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 17
- Polygod (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 17
- Red’s Kingdom (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Robbotto (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Spectrum (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 20
- Tiny Hands Adventure (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Treadnauts (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Aug. 17
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.