OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this A.M.BestTV episode from the annual Vermont Captive Insurance Association (VCIA) conference in Burlington, VT, risk professionals behind a risk retention group devoted to covering hang gliders and their associations describe how they crafted their own risk solution after losing traditional coverage.
Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=hanggliding2818 to view the entire program. For full video coverage of the VCIA 2018 conference, including exclusive executive interviews, visit http://www.ambest.tv/vcia18.
Jason Stubbs, an actuary with Risk International Actuarial Consulting, said that the formation of the Recreation Risk Retention Group was crucial to keeping the sport alive.
“I think the entire sport was at risk of going away,” said Stubbs. “There’s a liability issue there. If they couldn’t get that insurance, they wouldn't be able to fly.”
Also appearing in this episode:
- Patricia Henderson, Director, Strategic Risk Solutions; and
- Tim Herr, Risk Management Officer, Recreation Risk Retention Group.
Other VCIA-related episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Traditionally Low Profile, the Captive Sector Draws Increasing Scrutiny: Executives say captive insurers are drawing increased attention from regulators, tax authorities and their own sponsors: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=vcia1818.
- Rated Captive Insurers See Strong Performance Compared With Commercial Peers: A.M. Best Associate Directors Susan Molineux and Fred Eslami say the performance of rated captive insurers once again outperformed their counterparts in the commercial casualty segment: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=vciaadvance818.
- Rated Captives, RRGs Hold Their Own in Competitive Market: Highlights of an A.M. Best webinar on the captive insurance industry include participants discussing pricing trends, plentiful capacity how risk retention groups have fared in the competitive market: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=captivehighlights818.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is a global rating agency and information provider with a unique focus on the insurance industry. Visit www.ambest.com for more information.
Copyright © 2018 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.