DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Empty Capsules Market by Product, Raw Material, Therapeutic Application and End User - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global empty capsules market was valued at $1,841.5 million in 2017 and is projected to reach $3,707.5 million by 2025 growing at a CAGR of 9.1% from 2018 to 2025. Among raw materials, the pig meat segment accounted for three-sevenths share of the total market in 2017.
Based on the product, the gelatin segment dominated the global market in 2017 and is expected to maintain this trend throughout the forecast period. Whereas, the non-gelatin capsules segment are expected to grow at the fastest pace from 2018 to 2025.
Based on therapeutic application, the antibiotic & antibacterial drugs segment dominated the global market in 2017 and is anticipated to continue this dominance throughout the forecast period. However, the vitamin & dietary supplements segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace throughout the forecast period.
The major companies profiled in this report include ACG Worldwide, Bright Pharma Caps Inc., CapsCanada Corporation, Lonza Group Ltd. (Capsugel), Medi-Caps Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (Qualicaps, Inc.), Roxlor LLC, Snail Pharma Industry Co. Ltd, Suheung Co., Ltd, and Sunil Healthcare Ltd.
The other prominent players in the value chain include Patheon Ltd., Nectar Lifesciences Ltd., JC Biological Technologies, Natural Capsules Ltd., Zhejiang Huili Capsules Co., Ltd., Healthcaps India Limited, HTC Group Limited, and Nanjing Saturn Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd.
- The CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) region accounted for one-ninth share of the global market in 2017.
- The market for cardiac therapy drugs utilizing empty capsules are expected to grow at the second-highest CAGR of 10.4% from 2018 to 2025.
- North America dominated the global empty capsules market, accounting for the maximum share in 2017 and is expected to retain a similar trend during the forecast period.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) capsules raw material is growing at the fastest pace during the forecast period.
- The SGCs segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.1% from 2018 to 2025.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xhl4p6/the_global_empty?w=4