DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Oatmeal Market by Type and Distribution Channel - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global oatmeal market was valued at $10,475 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $11,907 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 1.3% from 2018 to 2027. The instant oats type accounted for more than 40% of the global market in 2017.
The factors that drive the growth of the global oatmeal market include increase in preference for healthy meals and changes in food habits. In addition, increase in demand for convenience food and high nutrition content of oatmeal, which includes high fiber & protein content increases the demand for oatmeal in the market.
Development of different flavored oatmeal and the use of oatmeal in the cosmetics industry bring different growth opportunities for the oatmeal market. However, availability of substitute products such as quinoa, buckwheat, brown rice, and cornflakes are expected to hamper the growth of this market in the near future.
- The quick rolled oats market is expected to grow at the high CAGR of 1.8%, in terms of volume, during the forecast period.
- The supermarket and food specialty stores segments are anticipated to be the fastest developing distribution channels, in terms of value, growing at a CAGR of 1.8% & 1.6% respectively, from 2018 to 2027.
- The steel cut oats segment occupied one-eighth share in the global market in 2017 in terms of volume and is anticipated to witness CAGR of 1.3% during the forecast period.
- The hypermarket segment occupied more than one-fifth share in the global market in 2017 in terms of volume and is anticipated to witness CAGR of 1.2% during the forecast period.
- Quaker Oats Company
- Nature's Path Foods, Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- Kellogg Na Co.
- General Mills, Inc.
- Hamlyn's of Scotland
- World Finer Foods
- Weetabix Ltd.
- Cargill Incorporated
- Bagrry's India Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9s8w5q/global_11_9?w=4