MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cable & Wireless Communications Limited ("C&W") is a leading telecommunications operator in its consumer markets, which are predominantly located in the Caribbean and Latin America, providing entertainment, information and communication services to 3.3 million mobile, 0.6 million internet, 0.6 million fixed-line telephony and 0.4 million video subscribers. In addition, C&W delivers B2B services and provides wholesale services over its sub-sea and terrestrial networks that connect over 40 markets across the region.
Organic fixed RGU additions of 29,000 in Q2 2018, driven by product
and service enhancements and continued network upgrade and expansion.
Broadband RGU additions of 11,000.
- Significantly higher than prior-year period driven by (i) improved performance in Jamaica, where we added 4,000 RGUs through increased penetration in our upgraded network and (ii) Panama, where we continued to promote our Mast3r packages supporting 4,000 additions.
- Rolling out enhanced in-home connectivity for subscribers through our WiFi "Connect Box", now installed across over 20% of our broadband subscribers.
Video RGU additions of 8,000, our best quarterly performance since
- Momentum building as network expansion / upgrades and product enhancements, such as "Flow Evo", drove quarterly additions. Jamaica had a particularly strong quarter, adding 5,000 video RGUs.
- Following the launch of Flow Evo in January and other platform improvements, we have seen NPS gains across C&W's largest video markets including Trinidad, Jamaica and Barbados.
- Fixed-line telephony RGU additions of 10,000, driven by our successful bundling strategy.
- Broadband RGU additions of 11,000.
Mobile subscribers declined by 89,000.
- This was primarily driven by prepaid losses in Panama (51,000) and Jamaica (16,000) and mainly the result of competitive factors and a more targeted approach to promotional activity.
- In the Bahamas, competitive intensity continued to drive subscriber declines, totaling 10,000 in Q2, as compared to a loss of 24,000 in Q2 2017.
- New build and upgrade initiatives delivered over 40,000 premises in Q2 and over 80,000 YTD.
The full fixed income release for C&W Communications can be found on its parent company’s website: www.lla.com/ir
|1.||With the exception of the presentation of SOHO RGUs, subscriber statistics are generally presented in accordance with Liberty Latin America’s policies. SOHO subscribers have not been included in C&W’s RGU counts pending further verification.|
About C&W Communications
C&W is a full service communications and entertainment provider that delivers market-leading video, broadband, telephony and mobile services to consumers in 18 countries. Through its business division, C&W provides data center hosting, domestic and international managed network services, and customized IT service solutions, utilizing cloud technology to serve business and government customers.
C&W also operates a state-of-the-art submarine fiber network – the most extensive in the region.
About Liberty Latin America
Liberty Latin America is a leading telecommunications company operating in over 20 countries across Latin America and the Caribbean under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil and BTC. The communications and entertainment services that we offer to our residential and business customers in the region increasingly include combinations of services comprised of digital video, broadband internet, telephony and mobile services. Our business products and services include enterprise-grade connectivity, data center, hosting and managed solutions, as well as information technology solutions with customers ranging from small and medium enterprises to international companies and governmental agencies. In addition, Liberty Latin America operates a sub-sea and terrestrial fiber optic cable network that connects over 40 markets in the region.
For more information, please visit www.lla.com