DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Seed Industry - Segmented by Product, Crop, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The expanding world population, rising adoption of biotech crops across the world, an increase in the usage of biofuels and animal feed, and growing land reclamation for agricultural purposes are the major growth factors driving the seed market.
On the other hand, the lower adoption rate of GM crops in various countries, coupled with their lengthy approval time, extensive research and time involved in stabilizing and introducing new seed varieties with novel traits, and consolidating the seed market are the major constraints for the industry.
- Growing Demand for Grains, Oil, and Vegetables
- Rapid Adoption of Biotech Crops
- North America to Dominate the Market Growth
Major Developments in the Market
- Dow Chemical and DuPont entered into a merger transaction at the end of 2016.
- September 2017: China National Chemical Corp. purchased Swiss chemical and seeds company, Syngenta, for USD 43 billion.
- September 2016: Bayer has recently purchased Monsanto for USD 66 billion. If the deal is successfully closed, the merger will result in world's largest seed and Agriculture Company.
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Scope and Methodology
3. Market Dynamics
4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5. Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
- Groupe Limagrain
- Dupont (Pioneer)
- Land O'Lakes
- KWS AG
- Bayer CropScience
- Sakata Seed
- Takii Seed
8. Market Outlook
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xt544k/the_global_seed?w=4