DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global High Voltage Cables Market - Segmented by Type of Transmission, Type of Current, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The growing electricity generation and consumption, along with the changing power generation industry dynamics, are expected to drive the transmission and distribution network growth, which, in turn, is expected to drive the high voltage cables market during the forecast period.
Transmission and Distribution Network Expansion and Renovation to Drive the Market
The global electricity consumption is growing. At the same time, due to environmental concerns, many countries are reducing the use of coal and oil for electricity generation.
Coal accounts for about 40% of global electricity generation. In order to meet the energy demands while reducing the coal and oil consumption in power sector, the focus on reducing the transmission and distribution losses has increased.
About 8% of total electricity generation is lost in transmission losses, globally. In order to reduce these losses, it is necessary to replace older transmission lines with modern cables. Hence, the focus on reducing the transmission losses is expected to drive the high voltage cables demand during the forecast period.
- Growth in Renewable Energy Sector to Drive the Market
- Asia-Pacific Region to Lead the Market Growth
- Egypt to Experience Significant Market Growth
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: VINCI Energies, through its subsidiary, Oxymon Energy Transition, won a contract from Socit d'Electricit du Sngal (SENELEC). The contract includes installation of ultra-high voltage transformer station, about 200 kms of overhead and underground EHV transmission lines and more than 100 distribution substations in Senegal. The total cost of the project is EURO 197 million and the duration of the project is about 36 months.
- Cable Corporation of India Ltd.
- Finolex Cables Ltd.
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
- The Kerite Company
- NKT A.S.
- Prysmian Group
- Southwire Company LLC
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis
8. Regional Market Analysis
9. Key Company Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/46n6hh/global_high?w=4