DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Vegetable Seed Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global vegetable production has doubled over the past 25 years and its value has exceeded the grain trade value.
High seed replacement rates for vegetables like cabbage and tomato, as compared to oilseed and grains, are among the important factors stimulating the market growth. It is estimated that the quality of seed accounts for 25-30% of productivity.
The growing demand and increased production of vegetables are driving the market growth. However, the perishable nature of seeds, high R&D costs and the presence of spurious seeds in the market are restraining the market growth.
- Asia - The Largest Vegetable Seed Market
- Rising Demand for Indian Vegetable Seed
Key Developments in the Market
- February, 2016: Rijk Zwaan launched a new product KNOX trait which extends shelf life of lettuce by two days
- February, 2015: Seminis also introduced the next generation of seedless watermelons under the brand name Summer Slice
- June, 2016: Monsanto and TargetGene announced their agreement on gene-editing technology to advance global agriculture Innovation
- Groupe Limagrain
- Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
- Nunhems BV
- Rijk Zwaan Holdings BV
- Sakata Seed Corporation
- Advanta Seeds
- Takii & Co. Ltd.
- East-West Seed International
- Enza Zaden BV
- Bejo Zaden BV
- Jiangsu Chia Tai Seeds Co. Ltd.
- Namdhari Seeds
- Origene Seeds
- BHN Seeds
- Nongwoo Bio Co. Ltd.
- Known-You Seed Co. Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Scope & Methodology
3. Market Dynamics
4. Market Segmentation By Region
5. Competitive Landscape
6. Company Profiles
7. Future of the Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vqh6vv/the_2018_global?w=4