DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sugar Reduction in Food Products: Technology Insights & Global Industry Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global sugar-free food and beverages market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of close to 7% until 2021.
Sugar is used in a variety of industries, mainly food, beverages, bakery, confectionery, dairy, and pharma. But the major health concern is the addition of sugar to food and beverages. Due to rising health concerns about high sugar content and sugar taxes imposed by various countries in Europe, Mexico, and South Africa, food industry have come up with various intuitive ways to reduce the amount of added sugars in food and beverages.
The IP analysis of the sugar reduction technologies in food and beverages was carried out for 3 years (2015-2017) to understand the existing technologies which have been used for reduction of sugar. The analysis shows that globally all major food producers and sugar companies are focused on the development of novel technologies to reduce the sugar content in their products. The sugar reduction methodologies which have been mentioned include physical methods, chemical methods, enzymatic methods and microbial technology to reduce the sugar content of food products.
Sugar alternatives that can substitute free sugar in food & beverages:
- Plant derived sweeteners such as stevia, Yacon syrup, monk fruit, Thaumatin etc.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Acesulfame potassium, Advantame, Aspartame, Neotame etc.
- Sweetness Modulators SWEET TASTE, SymLife Sweet, ClearTaste etc.
- Sugar alcohols such as Xylitol, erythritol, Isomalt, Maltitol etc.
Key global vendors of sugar products:
- Cargill Inc.
- Tate & Lyle PLC
Key Question Addressed:
- The report will provide the insight market and technology trends in sugar reduction (2016-2021)
- Will address the key driving factors behind the future trends in sugar free-food and beverages market
- The report will help in identifying major industrial players who are involved in various R&D activities to address key issues of sugar reduction
- The report comprises of insights with respect to strategic decisions by government organizations, health professional, research organizations and industry bodies based upon the reliable market data
- The knowledge of novel technologies will help in exploitation of same for production of sugar free products
- Report will help in identifying various academic and industry players to look for licensing and acquiring of the technology
- The competitive landscape will help to identify new opportunities with respect to technology sharing, business partnerships etc.
- Report will address issues and threats faced by key market players involved in global sugar-free markets.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6j3gk9/sugar_reduction?w=4