The report reviews, analyzes and projects the global Smart Materials market for the period 2014-2023 in terms of market value in US$ and the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) projected from 2017 through 2023
Smart Materials constitute a class of advanced materials capable of sensing and responding to a wide variety of stimuli that can include electric and magnetic fields, temperature, pressure, mechanical stress, hydrostatic pressure, nuclear radiation and pH change. The inherently unique characteristics of these materials make it possible for them to revert back to their original state after the external stimulus is removed.
This next generation of intelligent materials displays adaptive capabilities and alters its physical properties such as shape, stiffness and viscosity in a specified manner. Smart Materials have multiple functionalities, such as self-adaptability, self-sensing, self-healing and memory, which allow them to be used in a variety of applications.
As per the findings, Phase Change Materials (PCMs) constitute the fastest growing material type with a robust 20% CAGR in the global market for Smart Materials. The increasing application of structural products in applications, such as building resources, electronics cooling, energy storage, shipping and packaging would further propel demand for these materials. Piezoelectric Materials corner the largest share of the global Smart Materials market, accounting for a forecast 66% share in 2018.
Research Findings & Coverage
- Smart Materials market is analyzed in this report with respect to all major material types and their key sub-types
- The study extensively studies each material type and the sub-type in all major global regions and prominent geographies in these regions
- Thermal Properties of Bio-based PCMs Enhanced with Exfoliated Graphite Nanoplatelets
- Energy Harvesting Applications Get a Boost with Biodegradable Piezoelectric Polymer
- Latest Advances in High Temperature Shape Memory Alloys
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, M&As, JVs and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled - 43
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 143 companies
The report analyzes the market for the key material types and sub-types of Smart Materials including:
- Lead Magnesium Niobate-Lead Titanate (PMN-PT)
- Rare Earth Materials
Phase Change Materials
Shape Memory Alloys
- Other Smart Materials (include wet electroactive polymers, electrorheological & magnetorheological fluids, electroluminescent & photoluminescent materials and electrochromic materials)
- AMETEK, Inc
- APC International Ltd.
- AVX Corporation
- Allegheny Technologies Incorporated
- Arkema SA
- Cedrat Technologies SA
- Ceramtec GmbH
- Channel Technologies Group, LLC
- Climator Sweden AB
- Croda International PLC
- Dynalloy, Inc.
- Fine Tubes Ltd
- Fort Wayne Metals, Inc.
- G.RAU GmbH & Co., KG.
- GE Aviation
- Harris Corporation
- Honeywell Electronic Materials, Inc.
- Kyocera Corporation
- Metglas, Inc.
- Mid Technology Corporation
- Morgan Advanced Materials Plc
- Noliac A/S
- Peier Tech
- Phase Change Energy Solutions, Inc.
- Piezo Kinetics, Inc.
- Qortek, Inc.
- Rubitherm Technologies GmbH
- SAES Getters SpA
- SASOL Chemicals
- Smart Material Corporation
- Solvay SA
- Superior Tube Co.
- Tsingshan Group
- Ultimate Niti Technologies, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rgbhtq/smart_materials?w=4