WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ECFC, the leading nonprofit organization promoting choice in benefit solutions, today announced its 31st Annual Symposium. Leading the symposium agenda will be the unveiling of ECFC’s new website, along with educational tracks that focus on timely topics related to advancing healthcare consumerism.
“2018 has already shown signs of growth and innovation in healthcare, and we’re excited to contribute to this year’s advances by launching our new website and learning platform to make it simpler for members to learn and earn accreditations,” said Martin Trussell, ECFC’s Executive Director.
Before diving into the technical tracks, this year’s symposium will begin with a reflection on leadership. Opening keynote speaker Art Barter will present Servant Leadership: The Road Best Traveled. Servant leadership is a set of behaviors and practices that turn the traditional "power leadership" model upside down; instead of the people working to serve the leader, the leader exists to serve the people. As the Founder and CEO of the Servant Leadership Institute, Barter believes, “How you get results is more important than the results themselves.”
The 31st Annual Symposium features leading experts speaking on numerous technical areas, with 15 educational workshops including:
- How “Well” is Your Wellness Program? Preparing for a “Check-Up” From the Regulators
- TPA Takeover and Acquisition Woes
- First Aid for Benefit Plans
- What is GDPR and Why Should I Care?
- 2018 Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account Consumer Research
- The Digital Revolution in Financial Services: Lessons for the Healthcare Benefits Industry
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: Compliance for Health Insurers, TPAs and Hospital
Attendees will also hear legislative and regulatory updates, the latest happenings in Washington, D.C., and what’s next from ECFC.
Also, the new ECFC website will go live during the symposium. Trussell will walk attendees through a demonstration of the new ecfc.org with the following highlights:
- The ability to study online and earn certifications quickly and easily within the online system
- A platform that fosters interaction and connection with other ECFC members
- A robust search tool to find articles from any year on any topic
Members will have the opportunity to get a first look at the new Learning Management System (LMS), activate their ecfc.org accounts, and visit the new resources section.
ECFC’s 31st Annual Symposium takes place August 7-9 in San Diego, CA. For additional
information on the event and to view the full agenda, visit https://www.ecfcsymposium2018.com/.
ECFC is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and expanding employee benefit programs on a tax-advantaged basis. ECFC represents and promotes employee benefit programs through effective lobbying and provides education and awareness to members, compensation practitioners, national opinion leaders and the general public to help advance healthcare consumerism. ECFC, which was founded in 1981 as the Employers Council on Flexible Compensation, is the single organization that focuses its efforts on preserving, protecting and defending the tax-advantaged programs currently available to working families through employer plan sponsors. Visit https://ecfc.org/ for more information.