CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on treatment of ovarian cancer. The summit will take place at the Hilton Charlotte Center City in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday, August 16 at 5:30 p.m. Chairs of the summit include Angeles Alvarez Secord, M.D., MHSc, professor of obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology division, Duke University Medical Center, and Wendel Naumann, M.D., director, minimally invasive surgery, Atrium Health, obstetrics and gynecology, medical oncology, gynecologic oncology, Levine Cancer Institute.
The summit will delve into the latest scientific and clinical research in the ovarian cancer landscape. Expert presenters will share insight into surgical options in newly diagnosed ovarian cancer, genetic testing in ovarian cancer and sarcoma management. Attendees will also learn about recent advancements in immunotherapy. Following the presentations, there will be a peer exchange and a Q&A session.
- Jubilee Brown, M.D., certified in obstetrics, gynecology, gynecologic oncology, Levine Cancer Institute, Atrium Health
- Robert L. Coleman, M.D., division of surgery, department of gynecologic oncology and reproductive medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Tom Herzog, M.D., gynecologic oncology, oncology, cervical and ovarian cancers, obstetrics, oncofertility specialties, deputy director, professor of obstetrics and gynecology, University of Cincinnati Cancer Institute
- Matthew A. Powell, M.D., surgeon, division of gynecologic oncology, associate professor, Washington University School of Medicine
- Richard F. Riedel, M.D., medical oncologist, associate professor of medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to gynecologic oncology and/or hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates Inc.’s Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.