MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Great Clips, Inc., the world’s largest salon brand, has released results from its 2018 survey, which polled 1,300 parents and teachers across the United States and Canada. Respondents answered a series of questions on the amount of time, effort and money that is typically spent during the back-to-school time period.
Results of this survey include a variety of data points that shine a spotlight on how parents and teachers feel about getting ready to head back-to-school (or prepping for back-to-school).
Highlights of this survey include:
- 55% of parents and teachers spend 5 or more hours back-to-school shopping each year.
- 1 out of 4 teachers spend between $500–$1,000 of their own personal money on classroom supplies.
- A majority of parents believe they will spend more than $300 per child on school supplies this year.
- 78 percent of parents believe they will spend 10–25 percent more than they did last year on school supplies.
- 75 percent of parents and teachers believe their local community needs to do more to support students in need during the back-to-school season.
- After doing their back-to-school shopping, A LOT of parents feel like organizing everything into neat little piles, having a glass of wine, or going to bed!
“At Great Clips, we care about our customers as well as the local communities in which they live, work and play. Our hope for this survey is to garner some much-deserved appreciation for the teachers and parents across North America who make the back-to-school season a success,” says Lisa Hake, vice president of marketing and communications at Great Clips, Inc. “Our survey states that the ‘back-to-school haircut’ is #3 on parents’ checklist and at Great Clips, we hope to make that preparation easier with our convenient locations, great value, and comfortable experience.”
About Great Clips, Inc.
Great Clips, Inc. was established in 1982 in Minneapolis. Today, Great Clips® has more than 4,300 salons throughout the United States and Canada, making it the world’s largest salon brand. Great Clips is 100 percent franchised, and salons are owned locally by more than 1,200 franchisees across North America. Great Clips franchisees employ nearly 40,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn the Great Clips customer care system and advanced technical skills. As a walk-in salon, Great Clips provides value-priced, high-quality haircare for men, women and children. No appointments are needed, and salons are open nights and weekends. Getting a great haircut is more convenient than ever with Great Clips’ Online Check-In and Clip Notes®. To check-in online, visit GreatClips.com or download the free app for Android and iPhone. For more information about Great Clips, Inc., or to find a location near you, visit GreatClips.com.