WESTPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Outside TV’s online subscription video on demand (SVOD) offering has expanded significantly and is now available over the internet on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 platform, DISH Network and Sling TV this summer. Known as Outside TV Features, the SVOD service is the premier collection of adventure sports films and series from around the world offered commercial free and on-demand on several leading platforms for $4.99 per month.
Outside TV Features’ video catalogue showcases the stories of the world’s most accomplished action sports athletes, filmmakers and adventure-seekers throughout a variety of genres including: surfing, skiing and snowboarding, mountain biking, skateboarding, adventure travel and more. Featured athletes include surf legend Kelly Slater, current surf World Champion John John Florence, Olympic athletes Lindsay Vonn and Mikaela Shiffrin, skateboard icon Paul Rodriguez, motocross legend Travis Pastrana, SUP sensations Laird Hamilton and Kai Lenny and many more.
“Bringing high quality, long-form adventure sports stories to mass audiences has always been the highest priority here at Outside TV. Clearly, these leading distributors recognize the high-value this category has among a very passionate audience of adventurers. Outside TV Features has had great success from its debut on Amazon Channels in early 2017 and on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV platforms later that year. And now we’re absolutely thrilled to be adding top distribution partners in DISH, Sling TV and Xfinity in 2018.” said Rob Faris, GM, Outside TV Features.
Outside TV Features’ top performing content includes:
- A Life in Proximity (Original Series) – The world’s best surfers are uniquely paired up to travel the globe looking for pinnacle surfing experiences. Each pair experiencing their commonality and creating connections to the places they explore as the search for world’s best breaks.
- Over the Horizon (Original Series) – The voyage of a lifetime! Join adventurer, Ellis Emmett, as he sets his sights on one of the greatest challenges on Earth: to sail around the world.
- The Fourth Phase (Exclusive Film) – Iconic snowboarder, Travis Rice, plots a 16,000-mile course to follow the hydrological cycle around the north Pacific, where snow and ice create dreamlike landscapes on the towering mountains above.
Viewers can expect the following films and series in the coming months:
- Descending (Exclusive Series) – pushes the boundaries of digital camera technology to capture the most incredible underwater footage ever created!
- XPT: The Experience (Original Series) – Celebrity athlete couple: Laird Hamilton & Gabby Reece’s XPT training regimen based on building strength through pool excercises, beach workouts, overall fitness & good nutrition.
- GoPro Mountain Games (Original Film) – Professional and Amateur outdoor adventure athletes compete in 9 different sports and 25 disciplines at the annual GoPro Mountain Games in Vail, CO.
Outside TV Features will continue to add new, original and exclusive series, along with premier full-length films supporting its business model of a continuously growing library of adventure sports content. For the most up to date information, please visit outsidetv.com.
To learn more about Outside TV Features and/or request for comment: please contact Kevin Harrigan @ 203.221.9240 x205
About Outside TV:
Outside TV is the leading video provider for the adventure sports and outdoor lifestyle category. Outside TV delivers high-quality, compelling storylines focused on a wide variety of sports including: skiing & snowboarding, surfing, climbing, mountain biking, kayaking and more. Outside TV's Emmy Award winning content is distributed through multiple platforms, including national cable, satellite and OTT providers, outsidetv.com, social media and our app, Outside TV Features.