DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global High Performance Alloys Market - Segmented by Type, End-user Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for high performance alloys is expected to register a moderate growth during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. This moderate growth is the consequence of the increasing demand from the aerospace & defense industry.
The aerospace industry is the largest end-user segment for high-performance alloys, which is nearly half of the total global demand. The military aerospace industry consumes the largest part of the important strategic materials that are used in commercial aerospace (the fastest growing segment).
Inconel 718 (Nickel-based) superalloy is the most widely used high-performance alloy (used extensively in aerospace applications). Nickel-based superalloys currently constitutes over 50% of the weight of advanced amount of high-performance alloys. In addition, high performance alloys represents the most aircraft engines.
The consumption of high-performance alloys has increased not only in aerospace but also in defense verticals. Since the trend gaining momentum in the global scenario is increasing the investments in the defense sector, this trend is expected to continue for the next 10 years.
- Oil & Gas End-user Segment to Drive the Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018: Materion Corporation announced a distribution agreement with EDRO GmbH in Europe. In addition, EDRO Specialty Steels Inc. will join ThyssenKrupp Copper and Brass Sales as exclusive distributors of MoldMAX alloy products in North America.
Major Players: ATI, VDM Metals, Precision Castparts Corporation, Carpenter Technology Corporation, and Haynes International, among others.
- Increasing Demand from the Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Increasing Demand for Corrosion Resistant Alloys in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Emerging Applications in the Medical Industry
- Unviability of Nickel Chromium Alloys in High Temperature and Sulfur Rich Environments like Coal Burning Plants
- Technical Complications in Manufacturing Process and High Investment Costs
- Growing Popularity of Electric Vehicles
- Increasing Consumption of Molybdenum in High-Performance Alloys
- Advanced High Performance Alloys Designed Specifically for Additive Manufacturing Processes
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Forecast, and CAGR)
6. Regional Analysis (Market Size, Forecast, and CAGR)
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
- Alcoa Corporation
- Allegheny Technologies Incorporated
- Aperam SA.
- Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Cogne Acciai Speciali SpA
- Haynes International Inc.
- High Performance Alloys Inc.
- Hitachi Metals Ltd
- Kennametal Inc.
- Materion Corporation
- Precision Castparts Corporation
- Rolled Alloys Inc.
- Sandvik AB
- Sanyo Special Steel Co. Ltd
- SIJ - Slovenian Steel Group
- Smiths High Performance
- Thyssenkrupp AG
- VDM Metals
- Villares Metals SA
- Voestalpine AG
- VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation
- Wall Colmonoy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3jqtns/global_high?w=4