TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Factual content from KEW MEDIA GROUP INC. (TSX:KEW and KEW.WT) (“KEW”) has secured an impressive total of ten nominations for the prestigious 39th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards, as announced last week by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS).
Alex Gibney’s Jigsaw Productions Inc. (part of the KEW group) secured three nominations: Outstanding Investigative Documentary for Parched (National Geographic), Outstanding Investigative Documentary for Elián (CNN Films) (also distributed by KEW MEDIA Distribution) and a primetime Emmy Award nomination for Exceptional Merit In Documentary Filmmaking for City of Ghosts (A&E).
KEW MEDIA Distribution represents a diverse wealth of high-quality, premium factual programming nominated for this year’s awards. They are:
- Legion of Brothers (CNN Films) - Outstanding Politics and Government Documentary
- The Farthest-Voyager in Space (PBS Special) - Outstanding Science and Technology Documentary and Outstanding Lighting Direction and Scenic Design
- Naledi: One Little Elephant (PBS, Nature) - Outstanding Nature Documentary
- Vegas Baby (America Reframed - World) - Outstanding Business and Economic Documentary
- The Bad Kids (PBS, Independent Lens) - Outstanding Business and Economic Documentary
- The Witness (PBS, Independent Lens) - Best Documentary
The 39th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards will take place on October 1st, 2018 in New York City.
For a full list of nominees, visit http://emmyonline.com/news_39th_nominations
About KEW MEDIA GROUP INC.
KEW MEDIA GROUP is a leading publicly-listed content company that produces and distributes multi-genre content worldwide. Companies included in the KEW family are the production companies: Architect Films, Awesome Media & Entertainment, Bristow Global Media, Campfire Film & Television, Collins Avenue Productions, Essential Media Group, Frantic Films, Jigsaw Productions, Media Headquarters, Our House Media, Sienna Films and Spirit Digital Media; and the distribution companies: Kew Media Distribution and TCB Media Rights.
With primary offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Sydney and Toronto, the KEW MEDIA GROUP companies develop, produce and distribute more than 1,000 hours of content every year, as well as distribute a library of more than 13,000 hours, to almost every available viewing platform internationally. KEW aspires to offer great content from all over the world to viewers of all ages and tastes. The company promotes transparency, equality, respect, and inclusiveness and plans to grow with the benefit of people from a wide range of perspectives and backgrounds.