SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spirent Communications plc (LSE:SPT), a leader in network testing solutions, today announced its participation at the Black Hat USA 2018 (August 4-9) and DEFCON 26 (August 9-12) conferences in Las Vegas, NV. Spirent will lead technical presentations, conduct demonstrations, and meet with security professionals to showcase the latest capabilities in network testing that optimize the balance between security and performance.
Visit Spirent at Black Hat in Booth 1128 of the Mandalay Bay convention center to learn about:
- Data breach emulation technology for continuous testing of networks and devices to detect intruders and data breach activity
- Automated scanning of networks and web, mobile, and cloud applications using Spirent SecurityLabs, a single, integrated SaaS portal for deep, dynamic vulnerability scanning
- Testing, preparing for, and avoiding surprises with the new encryption standard TLS 1.3
- Unraveling IoT security complexity while enhancing connectivity and performance
Engage with Spirent researchers who present their latest findings and insights at several DEFCON Villages in Caesars Palace:
- “Skiptracer: Ghetto OSINT for Broke Hackers.” How hackers on a budget can use basic python webscraping of PII paywall sites to compile passive information on a target, including phone/email/screen names, real names, addresses, IP/Hostnames, and various breach credentials. Presented by Will Genovese, Senior Security Consultant – Saturday, August 11, 1:25 p.m. in the Recon Village, Florentine I II of Caesars Palace convention area.
- “A Better Bedside – The Blue Team Needs a Plan B.” Common vulnerabilities across hospital room equipment that transcend any single device or class of device and give attackers operational control and access to data. Presented by Nick Delewski GXPN, CISSP and Saurabh Harit, Managing Consultant – Saturday, August 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the Biohacking Village, Pisa Room of Caesars Palace convention area.
- “All the Kings Men Couldn't Put Him Back Together Again.” Presentation of findings of vulnerabilities in various medical devices found in patient rooms and ERs within major hospitals as a result of security testing. The testing demonstrates how it is possible to identify a high value target within a hospital network, confirm the target location via bedside devices, and deliver irreversible damage that will lead to gross bodily harm or even death, even if the treatment team is made aware of the changes. Presented by Vlad Gostomelsky, Managing Consultant, Security Consulting. Presentation will be in the Biohacking Village, Pisa Room of Caesar Palace convention area, data and time will be available here.
- “Automotive Evidence Collection – Automotive Driving Aids and Liability.” Presentation covering security implications of GPS and positioning attacks, discussing real world attacks and incidents and touching on increased reliance on positioning data in accident reconstruction and assistive driving technologies. Presented by Vlad Gostomelsky, Managing Consultant, Security Consulting - Friday, August 10 at 4:40 p.m. in the Carhacking Village, Flamingo Executive Conference Center, Red Rock Rooms.
For a private appointment, please email email@example.com
About Spirent Communications
Spirent Communications is a leader in assessment, validation, and monitoring solutions that test and verify the performance and security of enterprise network and application infrastructures in a broad range of environments, including enterprise, IoT, automotive, mobility, and critical infrastructures. Global 2000 customers in government, industry, healthcare, and financial services employ Spirent Security products and services to ensure an unsurpassed service experience while reducing churn, increasing revenue, and strengthening market share. For more information about Spirent Security solutions and services, visit www.spirent.com/security.