DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Calcium Chloride Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global calcium chloride market crossed a volume of 4 Million Tons in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% during 2010-2017
One of the major factors driving the growth of the market is the increasing demand for calcium chloride in de-icing and dust control activities. It provides optimum blend of de-icing properties for streets, driveways, parking lots and sidewalk as compared to several conventional de-icers like rock salt, magnesium chloride and urea. This is due to the circular and compact molecular shape of calcium chloride which makes the melting faster.
Additionally, busy lifestyles and rising disposable incomes have led to a surge in the demand for ready-to-cook and -eat food products across the globe, thereby maintaining the growth prospects of the calcium chloride market. Further, rising application range of calcium chloride in the construction, water treatment and agriculture industries is expected to create new opportunities for the market in the coming years.
Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a volume of nearly 5 Million Tons by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2018-2023.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of grade into industrial grade and food grade, wherein industrial grade represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of application, de-icing accounts for the majority of the total market share. It is followed by dust control, drilling fluids, construction and industrial processing.
- Based on raw material, natural brine represents the leading segment, holding the largest share, followed by Solvay process (as a by-product), and limestone and hydrochloric acid.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as liquid, hydrated solids and anhydrous solids.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America holds the biggest market share, representing the leading market.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Calcium Chloride Market
6 Market Breakup by Region
7 Market Breakup by Application
8 Market Breakup by Product Type
9 Market Breakup by Raw Material
10 Market Breakup by Grade
11 Competitive Landscape
12 Calcium Chloride Manufacturing Process
13 Calcium Chloride Feedstock Market Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
- Occidental Petroleum Corp. (OxyChem)
- Tetra Chemicals
- B. J. Services
- Solvay SA
- Tangshan Sanyou Group Co.
- Qingdao Huadong Calcium Producing Co. Ltd.
- Tiger Calcium Services
- Ward Chemicals
- Weifang Haibin Chemical Co. Ltd
- Weifang Taize Chemical Industry Co. Ltd
- Zirax Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s28lx9/calcium_chloride?w=4