CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RMB Capital (“RMB”), an independent investment and advisory firm with approximately $9.3 billion in assets under management (estimated as of June 30, 2018), recently named five new partners in a move that is both responsive to its growth and supportive of its long-term independence.
The firm, which has grown to approximately 200 employees nationwide, now has 19 partners. More than half of RMB’s employees have been hired in the past two years, and the firm’s assets under management have grown by approximately $4 billion over the same time span. Founding partner, CEO and co-chief investment officer Richard M. Burridge, Jr. believes expanding the firm’s partnership is an essential component of its succession plan.
“We have built RMB Capital to remain independent and our investments in our people and infrastructure reflect that,” Burridge said. “Our partnership is a great example—we’ve added new partners each year since 2011. It’s rewarding for those individuals and a testament to the level of trust we have in each other. Importantly, though, it’s meaningful for clients because it demonstrates that we are preparing our next generation of leaders to run the business for many years to come.”
RMB’s newest partners are:
- Kate Demet, who was also recently named chief marketing officer: Demet joined RMB in 2010 and has been engaged in the business since 2005, having spent the previous five years at Greenhouse Partners, RMB’s brand strategy and communications partner. She holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Colorado at Denver and a bachelor’s degree in risk management and insurance from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Maher Harb, chief financial officer: Harb joined RMB in 2008 after serving as principal of a consulting firm that specialized in outsourced CFO services. His entire career has focused on financial and operational controls in the investment management industry. He holds an MBA in finance from Kellstadt Graduate School of Business at DePaul University and a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Northeastern Illinois University.
- Brian Hettinger, director of operations: Hettinger joined RMB one month after its inception in 2005 and previously worked at William Blair & Co. as a trader and at Driehaus Capital in operations. He holds a master’s degree in business administration from Loyola University Chicago and a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Masakazu Hosomizu, CFA®, portfolio manager of RMB’s Japan equity strategies, including the new RMB Japan Fund mutual fund strategy launched at the end of 2017 (RMBPX): Hosomizu joined RMB in 2013, having previously held positions at Coghill Capital Management and Nomura Securities Company. He holds an MBA in finance and accounting from The University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and a bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Tokyo. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst®.
- Jennifer Rydwelski, SPHR®, chief human resources officer: Rydwelski is one of RMB’s original employees, joining the firm at its 2005 inception as chief compliance officer. She previously worked as compliance officer for The Burridge Group, a firm founded by Richard M. Burridge, Sr. She holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from Illinois State University as well as the Senior Professional in Human Resources® accreditation.
While RMB has made news for recent combinations with other firms, it has also experienced significant organic growth. RMB has been opportunistically expanding its geographic footprint, including wealth management offices in Minneapolis and Washington, D.C.—both of which were initiated by RMB advisors who wanted to return to their hometowns and serve a growing roster of clients in those areas. Additionally, its asset management capabilities and investment offerings have been increasing, including new international and absolute return strategies equities as well as new mutual fund vehicles—all of which are managed by its team of more than 80 investment professionals.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.
About RMB Capital
RMB Capital is an independent investment and advisory firm. Its businesses include wealth management, family office services, asset management, and retirement plan consulting. Headquartered in Chicago, RMB also has offices in Denver; Jackson Hole, Wyo.; Lake Forest, Ill.; Milwaukee; Minneapolis; New York; Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.; and Washington D.C. To learn more about RMB, visit www.rmbcap.com.