DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Gaming Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global gaming market reached a value of US$ 98.5 Billion in 2017
Gaming, also known as video games or electronic games, refers to a computer application which is played with a certain set of rules. It involves mental or physical stimulation that provides entertainment and relaxation to the player or the spectators. Gaming is a powerful tool that can help children in developing certain life skills and can also aid the educators in seeking ways to supplement classroom teaching. The gaming sector has been revolutionized with the advent of advanced graphical engines and information technology.
The increasing proliferation of mobile phones and easy availability of games on the internet along with innovations in both hardware and software are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global gaming market. In addition, the growing adoption of mobile and browser games which offer free-to-play business models is another trend that is gaining traction in the gaming market. Further, with the rising popularity of e-sports, multiplayer video game competition between professional and amateur players, the gaming market is witnessing an accelerated growth worldwide.
Some of the other factors propelling the gaming market are empowering nature of games; availability of different genres, such as strategy, action, simulation, etc.; and a shift from physical games to online games.
Looking forward, the global gaming market is projected to reach a value of US$ 171.7 Billion by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of around 10% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the device type, the global gaming market has been segmented into consoles, mobiles and tablets, and computers. mobiles and tablets currently account for the largest share followed by consoles and computers.
- Based on the platform, the market has been segmented into online and offline. The offline segment currently accounts for a larger share.
- Based on the revenue type, the market has been segmented into game purchase, advertising and others.
- Based on genre, the market has been segmented into adventure/role playing games, puzzles, social games, strategy, simulation and others.
- Based on the age group, the market has been segmented into adult and children. Adult games currently dominate the global gaming market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share. Other major regions are North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Gaming Market
6 Market Breakup by Device Type
7 Market Breakup by Platform
8 Market Breakup by Revenue Type
9 Market Breakup by Genre
10 Market Breakup by Age Group
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9xch95/171_7_billion?w=4