LAKE COMO, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Four Springs Capital Trust (FSCT), a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on acquiring, owning and managing a portfolio of single-tenant, income producing industrial, retail and medical/office properties throughout the United States, announced today that Egan-Jones Ratings Company has assigned an investment grade credit rating of BBB to FSCT as a corporate entity.
Egan-Jones Ratings Company is a leading global service provider, actively rating the credit-worthiness of approximately 2000+ high yield and high grade U.S. corporate debt issuers. The company is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) and is recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) as a Credit Rating Provider. Egan-Jones is also certified by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
“We are very pleased to have secured an investment grade credit rating for our REIT,” said John Warch, Chief Financial Officer of Four Springs Capital Trust. “Our goal has always been to build a best-in-class commercial real estate operating company that provides long-term value for our shareholders, and it is a significant milestone to receive an investment grade rating from such a reputable independent credit rating agency as Egan-Jones.”
In its analysis of FSCT, Egan-Jones cited several key factors for assigning the investment grade rating:
- High quality and diversified tenant base
- Fully built and scalable operating platform
- Stable and predictable cash flows
- Experienced management team
“Securing an investment grade rating is another critical step in positioning the company for future growth and success,” said Coby Johnson, President and Chief Operating Officer of Four Springs Capital Trust. “This rating, combined with our recent investment from leading institutional investor Guggenheim Partners, demonstrates the strength of our balance sheet and a sound business strategy.”
In January 2018, investors managed by Guggenheim Investments, a global investment advisory firm, made a $40 million strategic investment in FSCT.
“We are pleased to hear that Egan-Jones has assigned an investment grade credit rating to Four Springs Capital Trust,” said Matt Settle, Managing Director of Guggenheim Partners and an observer to FSCT’s Board of Trustees. “We look forward to seeing the company make continued progress toward executing on its business plan.”
About Four Springs Capital Trust:
Four Springs Capital Trust is a private real estate investment trust focused on acquiring a diversified portfolio of retail, industrial/warehouse and healthcare properties net leased to investment grade and other creditworthy tenants under long-term leases.
About Guggenheim Investments:
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with more than $246 billion* in total assets across fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our 300+ investment professionals perform rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
* Assets under management is as of 03.31.2018 and includes leverage of $12.2bn. In April 2018, Guggenheim Investments closed the sale of the firm’s Exchange Traded Fund (“ETF”) business representing $38.6bn in assets under management, which will be reflected in the June 30, 2018 assets under management. Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Real Estate, LLC, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited and Guggenheim Partners India Management.