POST FALLS, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Community 1st Bank (OTCPink: CMYF) reported net income of $277,116 or $0.23 per share for the second quarter of 2018 compared to $0.15 from the same period in the prior year, which is a 54.28% increase in net income. Year to date earnings were $537,023 or $0.44 per share, an increase of $236,585 or 78.75% increase from the prior year earnings of $300,438 or $0.26 per share. Total assets at June 30, 2018 were $129.8 million, an increase of $14.1 million or 12.22% from June 30, 2017. This increase in assets was driven by a $6.7 million or 9.34% increase in loans, which totaled $78.3 million, up from $71.6 million as of June 30, 2017. The bank continues to manage funding costs by growing deposits which were $115.5 million at June 30, 2018 an increase of $12.7 million or 12.32% from the prior year. We continue to have exceptional credit quality with no non-performing assets or loans.
“Second quarter 2018 was another record quarter for Community 1st Bank. It was fueled by continued organic growth in loans and deposits in the Post Falls and Coeur d’ Alene markets. Loan quality remains pristine with no 30 day past dues, no non-performing assets, and no other real estate owned. Community 1st continues to be rated a ‘5’ Star Bank by Bauer Financial, an independent, nationally recognized, bank rating agency. Community 1st has had this rating for the past eight years. Our employees have embraced our founding principles of ‘Doing the Right Thing’ through volunteerism. Our employees’ community service contributions exceeded 1220 hours during the first and second quarters of 2018,” said Dave Bobbitt, Chairman and CEO for the bank.
Second Quarter Highlights:
• Loans grew to $78.3 million, an increase of 2.89% from $76.1 million as of March 31, 2018.
• Return on equity for the second quarter increased to 8.14% from 7.96% from the first quarter 2018.
• Allowance for loan losses was 1.44% of loans, with no non-performing loans or loans more than 30 days past due.
• Capital ratios continue to exceed regulatory requirements, Tier 1 leverage ratio was 10.52%.
• For 31 consecutive quarters, Community 1st Bank was awarded a 5-star rating, the highest available, from independent banking rating agency BauerFinancial.
Community 1st Bank remains focused on growing the bank in a safe and compliant manner while providing great service to our customers, supporting the growth of our employees and providing a good return to our shareholders.
www.com1stbankid.com or call (208) 667-6060 Coeur d’ Alene or (208) 457-9610 Post Falls