DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Power Bank Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global power bank market exceeded a value of US$ 8.2 Billion in 2017
Power banks are gadgets which act as reservoirs for the battery backup, storing energy from the input source and venting it out as and when required. They have currently gained immense popularity across the world owing to the popularization of digital products. This is also due to their distinct characteristics which include durability, portability, multiple sockets, fast charging, low cost, etc. In case of a prolonged power outage or an unstable electricity supply, power banks save the device from turning off.
Digitalization has made humans dependent upon various gadgets for a simpler and convenient life. A rapid demand for the compact electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops has boosted the growth of the global power bank market. Apart from this, the advent of 4G networks and consistent use of internet services have made these devices less efficient in terms of power consumption. This has created a huge demand for power banks across the world, thereby stimulating the market growth. Furthermore, the introduction of power banks with solar and hydrogen cell is expected to broaden the growth prospects.
Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach approximately US$ 26.4 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of more than 21.5% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as portable power banks, solar power banks and battery cases. Currently, portable power banks dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of battery type, the market has been categorized into Lithium-ion and Lithium-polymer.
- The capacity range of the power banks covered in the report includes Below 3,000 mAh, 3,001 mAh - 8,000 mAh, 8,001 mAh - 20,000 mAh and Above 20,000 mAh.
- Based on the application, the major segments include smartphones, tablets, portable media devices and others.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being
- Beijing Xiaomi Technology Co.
- Lenovo Group Ltd.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Sony Corp.
- Adata Technology,Co.
- Asustek Computer Inc.
- Ambrane India Pvt. Ltd.
- Anker Technology Co. Ltd.
- Intex Technologies (India) Ltd.
- Oneplus Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- UNU Electronics Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Power Bank Market
6 Market Breakup by Product Type
7 Market Breakup by Battery Type
8 Market Breakup by Power Ratings (Capacity)
9 Market Breakup by Application
10 Market Breakup by Region
11 Power Bank Manufacturing Process
12 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kdwbwx/26_4_billion?w=4