WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) has been named a 2018 Most Trusted Utility Brand according to a new Cogent Reports study by Market Strategies International, which identifies utilities that have earned the trust of their customers and are perceived to be industry leaders on innovation.
The 2018 study measured the performance of the 133 largest natural gas, electric and combined utility companies throughout the country. NJNG ranked seventh among all natural gas utilities, third in the east and top in the state.
“To be recognized as an Elite Most Trusted Utility Brand is an honor for our company and a testament to our more than 1,100 employees,” said Steve Westhoven, chief operating officer of New Jersey Natural Gas. “This award exemplifies our commitment to meeting customers’ expectations for safety, reliability and value, every day.”
The Utility Trusted Brand and Customer Engagement™ Residential Study provides a comprehensive view into utilities’ relationships with their residential customers, which includes operational satisfaction, product experience and brand trust. It is based on an online survey of over 60,000 residential utility customers comprised of 35 rating questions about performance, including safety and reliability of service, customer and field service, reliability of quality, environmental focus, billing and payment processes and communications effectiveness.
More information about the report may be found at marketstrategies.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is composed of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,400 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of nearly 320 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility, as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.