SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced an Asian Tier-1 mobile service provider has selected the A10 5G-GiLANTM solution for its next-gen 5G-ready network rollout. The service provider is leveraging the Gi/SGi firewall and advanced network translation components to provide the scale and security needed to meet the demands of its 5G infrastructure rollout and IoT adoption.
As the service provider plans to rapidly commercialize 5G services beginning early in 2019, they needed a consolidated security and networking solution to seamlessly integrate with its vEPC platform. It also required the solution to address rising IPv6 demands by supporting IPv4 to IPv6 network interoperability in their network.
“We are pleased to have been selected by the Tier-1 provider in a highly competitive bake-off. The fast-approaching rollout of 5G networks around the world represents a dramatic transformation in mobile services, including exciting new revenue opportunities for service providers,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks. “However, it will also elevate the breadth and sophistication of IP-based threats facing carriers and their customers. The A10 5G-GiLAN solution plays a major role in helping service providers simplify, scale and secure their 5G deployments. We are currently working with many Tier-1 providers who are seeking next-generation security and networking solutions for 5G.”
The customer selected the A10 Thunder® CFW 5G-GiLAN solution to accelerate its 5G deployment with the following capabilities:
- Comprehensive 5G mobile core protection with the A10 Thunder CFW GiLAN consolidation of GiFW and CGNAT solution.
- Proven capabilities to enable CGNAT and GiFW, simultaneously with IPv6 migration technologies (NAT64, 464XLAT) on the same device, as well as advanced reliability and feature-rich ALG support.
- Sustained scalability, performance and exceptional connection rates vs. two leading competitors, resulting in lower overall total cost of ownership (TCO).
Highlights of A10 Thunder CFW 5G-GiLAN Solution include:
- GiLAN Consolidation — Consolidates CGNAT, GiFW, application visibility and intelligent traffic steering to increase operational efficiency and better security on the GiLAN.
- Application Visibility & Control — DPI-based L7 application visibility for effective policy enforcement and control provides enhanced Law Enforcement Agency (LEA) support and compliance.
- Intelligent Traffic Steering – Subscriber-aware traffic steering to enhance new business models with differentiated service offerings for new revenue streams.
- GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) support – GTP Firewall with granular SCTP filtering defends the mobile core against GTP-based attacks initiated from RAN or GRX/IPX networks.
- Accelerates adoption of SDN/NFV – Achieve on-demand capacity with versatile software options (PNFs, VNFs, Containers and Bare Metal) across SDN/NFV environments. Supports A10 FlexPool subscription-based capacity pooling licensing model for flexible consumption.
A10 Thunder CFW provides a consolidated and secure 5G-GiLAN solution for an effective defense against attacks by delivering comprehensive mobile core infrastructure protection. Thunder CFW also helps customers achieve superior levels of performance, scalability and visibility, along with exceptionally high firewall connection rates in a compact form factor.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, providing a portfolio of high-performance secure application solutions that enable intelligent automation with machine learning to ensure business-critical applications are secure and always available. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers in more than 80 countries with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Thunder and A10 5G-GiLAN are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.