NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Eleven Wingate Healthcare communities were recognized as 2018 recipients of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living. The award recognizes long-term and post-acute care providers that demonstrate a commitment to improving the quality of care for seniors and people with disabilities. AHCA/NCAL awarded only 521 providers across the country including 114 assisted living communities.
“Wingate is proud to help lead the way in providing quality care,” Scott Schuster, founder and chief executive officer of Wingate Healthcare, said. “In our commitment to constantly improving our services, we’re excited to welcome these 11 communities into our family of Quality Award recipients.”
The Wingate communities to receive the honor are:
- Wingate at Belvidere, a skilled nursing facility in Lowell, Mass.
- Wingate on Blackstone Boulevard, a skilled nursing facility in Providence, R.I.
- Wingate at Chestnut Hill, a skilled nursing facility in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Wingate at Needham, a skilled nursing facility in Needham, Mass.
- Wingate at Reading, a skilled nursing facility in Reading, Mass.
- Wingate at Weston, a skilled nursing facility in Weston, Mass.
- Wingate at Worcester, a skilled nursing facility in Worcester, Mass.
- Wingate Residences at Boylston Place, an independent and assisted living community in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place, an assisted living and memory care community in Pittsfield, Mass.
- Wingate Residences at Needham, an assisted living and memory care community in Needham, Mass.
- Wingate Residences at Norton, an assisted living community in Norton, Mass.
Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. The Bronze Award is the first of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program.
The 11 communities join eight active Wingate Healthcare Bronze Award recipients: Wingate at Brewster (2009), Wingate at Hampden (2016), Wingate at Harwich (2009), Wingate at Sharon (2010), Wingate at Silver Lake (2015), Wingate at South Hadley (2015), Wingate at Springfield (2016) and Wingate at Wilbraham (2015).
The Silver Award is the second step in the National Quality Award Program. Wingate at East Longmeadow and Wingate at Norton received the honor in 2015 and 2017, respectively.
About Wingate Healthcare (www.wingatehealthcare.com)
Wingate Healthcare is the Northeast’s premier provider of healthcare and hospitality for seniors, and delivers exceptional short-term rehab, post-acute care and long-term care in skilled nursing centers and assisted and independent living communities throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York. With select centers offering special programs in memory and dementia care, ventilator care, pulmonary rehabilitation and more, Wingate is dedicated to meeting the critical needs and enhancing the lives of residents and their families. Wingate takes great pride in providing warm and welcoming communities, and shares principles of respect, loyalty and trust.