DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Manufacture and Wholesale of Non-Alcoholic Beverages in South Africa 2017" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report on the Manufacture and Wholesale of Non-Alcoholic Beverages describes current conditions and trends, the impact of new regulations and other factors influencing the success of the sector.
Smaller manufacturers such as SoftBev, Little Green Beverages, Kingsley Beverages and Twizza are four of the 28 wholesalers and/or manufacturers profiled in this detailed report.
The Manufacture and Wholesale of Non-Alcoholic Beverages
The June 2017 statistical release of Statistics South Africa showed manufacturing sales of non-alcoholic beverages were worth R10.5bn, accounting for 25.3% of total food and beverage manufacturing sales. More than 70% of non-alcoholic beverages sold in South Africa are carbonated soft drinks and the Coca-Cola Company accounts for almost half of these sales. The company is also the leading supplier of both prepared and natural mineral water with its Bonaqua and Valpr brands.
The Importance of Spaza Shops
A number of smaller companies that manufacture carbonated soft drinks have managed to take significant market share from Coca-Cola because of their lower prices. They have looked to retailers such as spaza shops as an informal distribution channel. Whereas wholesalers in the past were unwilling to make deliveries to spaza shops and did not give discounted prices, smaller non-alcoholic beverage manufacturers are now targeting spaza shops since they are concentrated in low-income communities where soft drinks such as carbonates and concentrates are popular.
The Impact of the Tax on Sugar-Sweetened Drinks
Non-alcoholic beverages include carbonated soft drinks, bottled water, energy drinks, sports drinks, cordials and concentrates, health and functional beverages and dairy and fruit blends. As the majority of these beverages contain added sugar, the impact of the pending introduction of a tax on sugar-sweetened drinks is the cause of intense debate among industry participants and a source of uncertainty among smaller players in the sector.
- Adcock Ingram Holdings Ltd
- Big SAve Distribution Centre (PTY) Ltd
- Big SAve Liquor Waltloo (PTY) Ltd
- Bos Brands (PTY) Ltd
- Breva Enterprises (PTY) Ltd
- Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd
- Clover SA (PTY) Ltd
- Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages (PTY) Ltd
- Coca-Cola SAbco (PTY) Ltd
- Coca-Cola Shanduka Beverages South Africa (PTY) Ltd
- Ekhamanzi Springs (PTY) Ltd
- Enebev (PTY) Ltd
- Kingsley Beverage (PTY) Ltd
- Lentas International (PTY) Ltd
- Little Green Beverages (PTY) Ltd
- Mofaya Beverage Company (PTY) Ltd
- Nestle (South Africa) (PTY) Ltd
- P V M Nutritional Sciences (PTY) Ltd
- Parmalat South Africa (PTY) Ltd
- Pioneer Foods Groceries (PTY) Ltd
- Red Bull South Africa (PTY) Ltd
- Soda King Franchising CC
- Softbev (PTY) Ltd
- South African Breweries (PTY) Ltd
- Suntory Beverage And Food South Africa Ltd
- Tiger Consumer Brands Ltd
- Twizza (PTY) Ltd
- Ultimate Sports Nutrition (PTY) Ltd
Key Topics Covered
2. Description of the Industry
3. Size of the Industry
4. State of the Industry
5. Influencing Factors
7. SWOT Analysis
9. Industry Associations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4hrwkn/the_manufacture?w=4