In the US, where market barriers affect nearly 30% of all psoriasis prescriptions, the top brand has a significant lead over all other brands. Find out what's driving its share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (US) 2018.
Based on a survey of 100 dermatologists, the report covers 8 major therapies from Amgen, Novartis, AbbVie, Celgene, Valeant, Janssen Biotech and Eli Lilly. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
- Barriers affect nearly 30% of all prescriptions: But is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Only one brand sees a significant share increase: 3 brands gain share thanks to barriers, but the top-gaining brand sees a much bigger bump than the other two.
- Two brands see significant losses: One of the least prescribed brands loses nearly 4% of their market share because of barriers. Why? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close the gap at the top: The leading brand relies on other brands losing out. Removing these barriers would have a massive impact on market share for two brands. Are they yours, or one of your competitors?
- One brand has a perception problem: Nearly a fifth of surveyed doctors would not prescribe a specific brand, leaving other brands to capture market share.
Insight into Major Psoriasis Drugs
- Cosentyx (secukinumab; Novartis)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Amgen)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Otezla (apremilast; Celgene)
- Siliq (brodalumab; Valeant)
- Stelara (ustekinumab; Janssen Biotech)
- Taltz (ixekizumab; Eli Lilly)
- Tremfya (guselkumab; Janssen Biotech)
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don't, but would consider it?
- Why don't doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 100 US-based dermatologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients in total in the last month
- Eli Lilly
- Janssen Biotech
Table of Contents
1. What are market barriers?
2. About this report
3. About the survey
4. Brands included in the survey
5. Executive summary
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b3xnv9/market_access?w=4