DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Rural Electrification and its Impact on Demand for Electric Appliances in Rural India - Outlook 2018-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Rural electrification is not a new agenda and has remained one irrespective of the political party ruling at the center. However, with the evolution of rural sector's social and economic profile, along with build-up of power availability, generation capacity and transmission & distribution, the profile of rural electricity has seen significant positive changes over the last few years.
The rural electrification agenda goes back to 2005 when under the leadership of UPA government schemes such as Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana were launched. Following this, the incumbent government, starting July 2015, launched Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) which talked about complete rural electrification by 2018 and providing 24x7 power supply to all households in collaboration with the various state departments by 2021-2022. DDUGJY also provides state governments with subsidies to provide free connections to below poverty line households.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the evolving market size for LED bulbs due to rural electrification in India?
- What is the evolving market size for electric consumer durables such as refrigerator and washing machines due to rural electrification in India?
- Which are the best performing and least performing states with regards to rural electrification and reliability of power supply?
- What are the likely challenges and pitfalls that may undermine the objective of rural electrification?
- Bajaj Electricals
- Schneider Electric
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Evolution of the accessibility and reliability of electricity in rural India
- Commentary on the policy and regulatory interventions around rural electrification, and their success
- Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)
- Saubhagya, Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- What are the headwinds and tailwinds in rural electrification from a regulatory, economic and social view-point?
- Categorizing of states based on success in rural electrification as well as reliability of power supply:
- Understanding from a rural consumer's perspective, the key soft and hard benefits of critical electrical appliances such as:
- High-level outlook on evolving demand potential for major electrical appliances from rural areas on a state-wise basis projected for 2020
- High-level opportunity assessment in USD/INR terms for electrical appliances across the states
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/grnfc2/rural?w=4