BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP), a leading omnichannel provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions, is helping students and teachers, from kindergarten to college, go “Back to School Proud” this year with the ultimate assortment of products, furniture and tech that let their personality and individuality shine through as they head back to the classroom.
This year, shoppers can give back to local schools through two different programs and learn about Start Proud!™, Office Depot’s new philanthropic program created to make a substantial difference for deserving students, parents and teachers. Additionally, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s omni-channel shopping options via officedepot.com/school from any device and opt to buy online, pick up in-store or have their haul delivered straight to their front door via next-business day delivery.
As part of the “Back to School Proud” campaign, Office Depot is teaming up with singer, songwriter and actress Sabrina Carpenter to offer exclusive content and an option to enter a sweepstakes1. One lucky fan, along with three guests, will kick-off the new school year with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a trip to meet the “Almost Love” singer in September. In addition, Sabrina will feature her top back-to-school products on Office Depot social media channels and on officedepot.com/sabrinacarpenter.
“Education is something I’m a firm believer in, it gives us the tools to be able to learn and decide what we want to do with our lives,” said Sabrina Carpenter. “It’s important to be prepared, which means having the right school supplies. I’m so excited to be partnering with Office Depot on their Back-to-School Proud campaign!”
This Sunday, Office Depot is launching its new back-to-school advertising campaign that reinforces when customers are serious about supplies, they need to go to the place that takes supplies seriously. The two customer-centric spots infuse a dose of humor coupled with the reality and sometimes stress that any parent feels at the beginning of every new school year. Whether mom and dad are dropping their daughter off at the first day of college or looking for a quick and easy way to purchase their son’s school list online, Office Depot and OfficeMax deliver all the supplies they need, and the prices they want, all summer long.
Shoppers will enjoy low prices all summer long on a great selection of top-brand school supplies, exclusive product assortment and convenient shopping options, all while giving back to their local schools, including:
Core Supplies, Furniture & Tech
- Fashion Essentials & Accessories: Studious meets stylish with a wide variety of unicorn, floral, glitter or palm motifs on the Office Depot® exclusive assortment of notebooks, composition books, binders and folders. For those who want to personalize, students can complement their core gear with accessories like charms, keychains, patches and puffy stickers.
- College Dorm Furniture: To make those college late night cram sessions a little more comfortable, Office Depot has a number of Brenton Studio® seating and desk furniture options, including colorful task chairs to plush seats and a sleek achiever desk set that will help make their dorm room study session-ready.
- School Tech: Find the latest technology like the Dell Inspiron 15, perfect for multi-user households where the laptop is shared across the family, that offers a built-in DVD drive, USB 3.0 port, Waves MaxxAudio and much more.
- Tech Services: Students, parents and teachers can choose from two tech support plans that give them access to 24/7 expert support needed to stay up and running no matter if they are home or in school. Additionally, customers purchasing a new laptop or PC for the new school year can protect their investment for just pennies a day with a Square Trade Accidental Damage Protection Plan.
- Brand Name Backpacks: Quality backpacks are a necessity to make it through the school year, and brands like COLUMBIA, PUMA and THULE feature bold colors and fashionable patterns for students of all ages – from grade-school to college. Starting July 1 to Aug. 25, all school backpacks and lunch accessories are 25% off.
Education and Organization
- National PTA: As part of Office Depot’s commitment to education, the company has teamed up with National PTA and become the association’s newest Proud National Sponsor, helping power key programs and initiatives to further family engagement, strengthen family-school partnerships, improve student success and share relevant resources.
- STEAM Kits: New Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math experience subscription kits are fun, engaging, ready-to-use projects delivered monthly at a great, low price. Created for children aged eight and up, the kits are filled with hands-on activities and experiments.
- TUL™ Organization: Exclusive to Office Depot, TUL now offers teacher and student planners. A customizable planner will help teachers keep their schedules and lesson plans in order, including teacher stickers, page markers, ruler, pocket divider, weekly lesson plans, monthly calendar pages, seating charts and grade book. High schoolers and college students can get their own customizable student planner that comes with stickers, page markers, ruler and pocket divider or opt for a 3-subject TUL notebook in a variety of colors.
- Start Proud!™ Program: Office Depot associates will fill 20,000 backpacks with essentials like notebooks, folders, pencils, and glue and will distribute them to students at Title 1 schools during 10 celebratory assemblies to help them go Back to School Proud this season. In addition, Office Depot will honor and recognize one very special teacher at each Start Proud! assembly with approximately $1,000 worth of premium supplies to celebrate their extraordinary efforts in the classroom.
- Pay it Forward: Parents, students and teachers can feel good about back-to-school shopping at Office Depot by simultaneously supporting their local schools through the company’s Give Back to Schools program, which gives 5% back in credits to local schools on qualifying purchases2 when shoppers provide their school name or ID number.
- School Supply Drive: Customers will have an additional opportunity to give back by purchasing extra supplies at their local Office Depot or OfficeMax retail location, which will be donated to a deserving local Title 1 school at the beginning of the 2018 school year (please visit a local store for additional details).
Convenient Shopping & Savings
- Rewards on Everything: Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards Everything loyalty members will receive even more savings when purchasing back-to-school supplies with 2% back on all qualifying purchases. Additionally, customers can redeem rewards instantly at checkout whether they are purchasing in-store, online or on the go.
- Teacher Savings: All Rewards members can take advantage of Teacher Appreciation Days and receive 30% off qualifying, regularly priced in-store purchases of $30 or more and receive triple bonus rewards July 15 – 21 and Aug. 12 – 18.
- School List with a Click: Office Depot’s digital platform is now integrated with an online database of over 1.2 million teachers’ school supply lists from across the country to offer convenient ‘one-click’ purchasing functionality that makes back to school shopping a breeze at officedepot.com/schoollist.
For more details on how to go “Back to School Proud,” visit an Office Depot or OfficeMax retail location near you, download the Office Depot app or find us online at officedepot.com/school.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,400 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business. For more information, visit officedepot.com, download the Office Depot app on your iPhone or Android and follow @officedepot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Office Depot is a trademark of The Office Club, Inc. OfficeMax is a trademark of OMX, Inc. CompuCom is a trademark of CompuCom Systems, Inc. Grand&Toy is a trademark of Grand & Toy, LLC in Canada. ©2018 Office Depot, Inc. All rights reserved. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
1 No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 U.S. states or Washington, D.C., who have reached the age of majority in their State of residence. Ends 11:59 PM ET on 9/2/18. Void where prohibited. Visit officedepot.com/sabrinacarpenter for Official Rules.
2 Qualifying purchases exclude technology and consumer electronic products, accessories, media and software that is not education or reference related; furniture and furniture accessories; ink and toner; gift and prepaid cards; postage stamps and purchase from print and copy centers; and purchases made to contract business accounts and by resellers. Visit OfficeDepot.com/givebts for details.